Jump to content
North Side Baseball
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
1 minute ago, Bull said:

They have 6 guys totaling 10 WAR.  $ of them have a high WAR than any reliever on the Cubs (except Ben Brown whose WAR was mostly as a starter).

So, notice how I didn't compare them to the Cubs? Let's not do this. 

The point wasn't "The Cubs bullpen vs the Padres". It's that I doubt that the Padres plan tonight is to have Kyle Hart and Griffen Canning throwing in the 5th inning. Those aren't particularly good arms and the Padres are going to want to use Miller/Morejon as much as they can. They can do that by saving their pen a little.

Posted
Just now, Jason Ross said:

So, notice how I didn't compare them to the Cubs? Let's not do this. 

The point wasn't "The Cubs bullpen vs the Padres". It's that I doubt that the Padres plan tonight is to have Kyle Hart and Griffen Canning throwing in the 5th inning. 

Fair enough. I agree that they aren't hoping to pull King after three, but the indication was that they want him to give his all and pull him if he gets gassed, because they believe they can trust their bullpen (must be nice). I'd agree with that assessment. 

Posted
1 minute ago, JBears79 said:

I thought we were trying to be less negative in the game threads now

This is trying. They aren't making it easy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Posted
1 minute ago, Bull said:

Fair enough. I agree that they aren't hoping to pull King after three, but the indication was that they want him to give his all and pull him if he gets gassed, because they believe they can trust their bullpen (must be nice). I'd agree with that assessment. 

Sure. I also expect that. But guys don't magically gain 5 mph on their sweeper when they go from a SP to a reliever. Let alone guys who are expected to find 12 outs tonight. If he's throwing his sweeper 87mph like he was in the first (his average on the year is 82) that's not even in the ballpark of what they were expecting from him. 

That's like two inning juice. 

Posted
Just now, s2obed said:

It’s still early and 2-0 isn’t a large lead even though it feels huge.

The crowd has settled down so hopefully that leads to better ABs

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, s2obed said:

It’s still early and 2-0 isn’t a large lead even though it feels huge.

Yeah. The good news is that the math really hasn't changed. Cubs weren't going to win with zero runs and were unlikely to win scoring two. So they always needed three or more. 

The only thing that has changed are vibes and urgency. But the math remains the same. Very doable.

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...