Jump to content
North Side Baseball
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Cubs trying to set a record for most HRs allowed, but they only have 2 games to do it. Gonna be close

Edited by UMFan83
Posted
2 minutes ago, abuck1220 said:

I mean that’s probably the plan 

I doubt the plan is nine hitters, man. They don't have a super deep bullpen. They have a very, very top heavy bullpen. There's about three really good guys (2 purely elite), one pretty good one in Estrada and then it falls off pretty hard. 

They want to use their pen but I'm sure the plan is King for 12-15 outs.

Posted

Best player, best offense and best defense in baseball and it's gonna be zero playoff wins because every single goddamn pitcher on this staff is a gopher ball merchant

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, UMFan83 said:

Cubs trying to set a record for most HRs allowed, but they only have 2 games to do it. Gonna be close

We can do it tonight. Just gotta believe. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Jason Ross said:

Looks like it tipped off the glove at his peak. Just too far.

I thought so too, but I wasn't really sure.  And if that's the case, I think if he starts his jump a tenth of a second earlier he has that ball.

Posted
1 minute ago, Irrelevant Dude said:

When your best is Matthew Boyd, this is kind of what you get.

Better hope for some offense.

Was he their best choice 🤷

Peterson last 4 starts should of given him a consideration 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jason Ross said:

I doubt the plan is nine hitters, man. They don't have a super deep bullpen. They have a very, very top heavy bullpen. There's about three really good guys (2 purely elite), one pretty good one in Estrada and then it falls off pretty hard. 

They want to use their pen but I'm sure the plan is King for 12-15 outs.

They have 6 guys totaling 10 WAR.  $ of them have a high WAR than any reliever on the Cubs (except Ben Brown whose WAR was mostly as a starter).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...