Jump to content
North Side Baseball
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
1 minute ago, Stratos said:

Padres have activated Joe Musgrove and he's on their WC series roster  He hasn't pitched in 2 years.

Interesting.  I just checked.  He did have four rehab starts, but it was in Aug.

Posted
1 hour ago, javy knows my name said:

Same thought. Boyd's gonna need to miss some bats because we are pretty vulnerable with him out there

Don't think he's going to be able to. He had 4 whiffs last playoff Game 1 against the Padres. Padres are good against fastball-changeup off lefties (8th best combined wOBA against that combo). Where they suck is against sliders. So he'll have to get his whiffs basically on that pitch, but he doesn't throw it much to RHH. So something will have to give.

This is probably a defensive effort tonight.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Game is no NBCSN, even out of market.

I have it in Arizona. Watched the white sox on NBCSN. Didn’t know I have it until yesterday. 

Edited by Rcal10
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jason Ross said:

Don't think he's going to be able to. He had 4 whiffs last playoff Game 1 against the Padres. Padres are good against fastball-changeup off lefties (8th best combined wOBA against that combo). Where they suck is against sliders. So he'll have to get his whiffs basically on that pitch, but he doesn't throw it much to RHH. So something will have to give.

This is probably a defensive effort tonight.

Yikes. That doesn't sound promising.

I think predicting this one will be easy; if the bats don't show up in the first 5 innings of this game, we don't have much of a chance.

That said, I'm pretty sure we hit King well last postseason so I'm expecting more of the same tonight

Posted
8 hours ago, Rcal10 said:

I would agree Peterson is the 2nd lefty in the pen. Not entirely sure Shota doesn’t piggyback someone and pitch 4 innings. But I agree he won’t be used as a one inning pen arm. 

I agree with Shota most likely piggybacking off of one of the starters. Do you think Gausman or Holmes backs with Boyd tonight? I was hearing some rumblings earlier about that scenario 

Posted
5 minutes ago, javy knows my name said:

Yikes. That doesn't sound promising.

I think predicting this one will be easy; if the bats don't show up in the first 5 innings of this game, we don't have much of a chance.

That said, I'm pretty sure we hit King well last postseason so I'm expecting more of the same tonight

It's gonna be a defense-game I think. King only had 5 whiffs last year against the Cubs in Game 3 and has seen his K% drop 6% since 2024. Below average. And he's been knocked around three starts in a row.

Whichever defense comes to the rescue more is going to win this game, I think. Cubs have an elite defense. Padres have a good defense.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...