Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted
1 minute ago, Derwood said:

Walking sub-.200 Sanchez didn't help

Yeah, that to, throw high 100+ and neither of those guys are doing anything.

  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Just now, Dmac said:

Yeah, I think this might be the Brewers year. 

 

They've been really good all year.

I can respect what they do but don't want them going far because the more money they earn these playoffs will just make things harder for the Cubs to compete.

I'm glad Ricketts didn't make money this pkayoffs. It's not like he was going to spend it on the team anyways.

Posted

If I was Brewers' fan think my only worry is Megill.  It's only a matter of time before he implodes.  It's coming.  May not be against the Padres but, better hope it isn't series changing.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, PeanutPunch33 said:

watching the Brewers or Sox win the WS this year will be absolutely sickening.

It’s like choosing between Dahmer and Gacy.

Edited by Geographyhater8888
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted
51 minutes ago, Stratos said:

They've been really good all year.

I can respect what they do but don't want them going far because the more money they earn these playoffs will just make things harder for the Cubs to compete.

I'm glad Ricketts didn't make money this pkayoffs. It's not like he was going to spend it on the team anyways.

He spent the money he made from the playoffs last year. Why wouldn’t he have again? 

Posted

These ****s aren’t the most talented roster in Baseball by a long way and it doesn’t make sense that they’ve won 100 games, but they are such clutch bastards. Whenever they need a hit, they get it. Whenever they need a run, they score 3 of them for good measure. Absolutely pricks

  • Like 1
Posted
9 minutes ago, javy knows my name said:

Off Mason Miller are you horsefeathers kidding me

He had no control in the 9th, because the dipshit manager tried squeezing a two-inning save out of him

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Derwood said:

He had no control in the 9th, because the dipshit manager tried squeezing a two-inning save out of him

I agree, up 3-1, with their bullpen of "doom" and they wasn't someone else to cover the 8th inning?

Edited by gflore34
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, gflore34 said:

I agree, up 3-1, with their bullpen of "doom" and they wasn't someone else to cover the 8th inning?

They already used Rodriguez and Morejon was probably unavailable after 2 innings yesterday.  Ray not getting out of the 4th really screwed them

Edited by Tangled Up in Plaid
Posted
3 hours ago, gflore34 said:

I agree, up 3-1, with their bullpen of "doom" and they wasn't someone else to cover the 8th inning?

Not sure offhand who else they had to pitch, but it seems to me the issue wasn't the 8th but the 9th. Milwaukee had 2-3-4 in the 8th so that's when the Padres should use Miller. Don't save your best guy for the 9th when you've either already blown the lead or are facing the bottom of the order. But once he start walking guys, you should pivot (again, depending on who they had available).

  • Like 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted
11 hours ago, PeanutPunch33 said:

watching the Brewers or Sox win the WS this year will be absolutely sickening.

I suspect I’ll find myself rooting for the dodgers at some point (vomit)

I don't think we have to worry about the Sox. They might get passed Cleveland but that's it.

Brewers could easily be down 2-0 but their pixie dust seems to still work for now 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...