Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Illiterate Scholar

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    584
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Illiterate Scholar

  1. Taylor Ward maybe played himself into a one year contract. Not sure what to make of his 2026 season, but he's theoretically an option.
  2. Tucker has now surpassed 5 homeruns at Dodger Stadium this year
  3. It's a good year for a small market v small market World Series. Not that I think it actually matters that much but just in case. Give me Rays over Brewers in a gentlemen's sweep.
  4. Really? I'd say that's about right, maybe just a little low. He is coming off back-to-back sub 19% K rate seasons. The GB rate is crazy but he's not getting a huge contract. I also think the prospect cost (Rojas) appears to be more expensive now compared to how he was viewed when traded.
  5. Jed obviously talked a lot about pitching in his year-end PC, including the amount of homers given up. The way he talked about Holmes made it seem like whatever happened the last few weeks didn't totally sour the relationship? Wouldn't shock me if both he and Peterson get done before the lockout.
  6. I like that our offense will get to play in 70+ degree weather. Their bullpen is terrifying but as we saw last year, there is a limit to how much the main guys can be used in 3 consecutive games, if there is a game 3. Then there's our pitching... I'm hoping for batted ball luck Mt vote is eliminated in NLDS.
  7. He was pretty good for them last year. This season is most certainly a change, unfortunately
  8. All of a sudden feeling kind of great about Palencia heading into the playoffs
  9. He only has an OPS over 1.000 if you go back 30, 15, and 7 days. Guy clearly needs a day off.
  10. Also Ayers' defense is interesting to me. Obviously the throwing is fantastic, but in the handful of times I've seen him, he drops or straight up whiffs on some balls when trying to frame low to high. I'm no scout but his defense seems more work in progress than the highlights show. It'd make me feel a lot better if there was some data to prove me wrong on that
  11. The stadium gun for Steele did not make me very hopeful. Also Wiggins somehow looked even worse than his line showed; both outs were guys thrown out at home on the same play. I guess Miller looked fine.
  12. Holy horsefeathers, Kipnis is wearing a shirt with buttons. That must have been a big game
  13. The reaction in this thread had Counsell taken Boyd out after the 7th would have been, shall we say, not supportive
  14. I might quibble with the infield being in with nobody out
  15. I get it though. Like JD said, that's an easy steal with Boyd out.
  16. I'm a little surprised Uribe pitched there, but Murphy appears to be showing respect to the Cubs offense and a lack of respect for the bullpen, which... fair.
  17. With the heavy usage, Brewer's smart trading, and just general reliever variance, someone is going to trade a horsefeathers ton of assets to the Brewers in a few years for Ashby and immediately regret it.
×
×
  • Create New...