Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, UMFan83 said:

I'm not necessarily rooting against the White Sox but its a sick joke that the Cubs were 0-2 in the playoffs and the Brewers and White Sox are 5-0 so far, possibly 6-0 since it looks like the Guardians have no desire to score again.

Edit: And the White Sox take the lead right after I say that lol

So, this is what's it's like to have some of your better players not continually piss down their legs?

Edited by gflore34
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
8 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

An incredibly mediocre WSox team is seriously going end up in the World Series, aren't they?

Well, they do have a bullpen that doesn't walk the world or give up gopher balls like their going out of style.  Plus some of their top hitters actually putting the ball in play.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

An incredibly mediocre WSox team is seriously going end up in the World Series, aren't they?

It will be hilarious when the Sox lose the next three games. 

Edited by NorthsideAvenger
Old-Timey Member
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

Go Rays.

Yeah, I want to see them beating the Sox, the Dodgers or the Brewers.😄

Posted

White Sox and Rays now one win away each from one of them making the World Series. 
 

Might as well just hand the trophy to one the Dodgers, Braves or Brewers. 

Posted

I don't think Cleveland is dead yet. They just need to pull a 2016 Cubs and win 3 straight,  2 of them on the road.  

But there is a non 0 chance we see a I94 WS

Which gets me ill

Posted
9 hours ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

Go Rays.

We all know that the Whitesox will win tomorrow while the Rays and Yankees play all 5 and all extra inning games which will burn their arms and their top starters will skip a start. Then Atlanta will shock the Dodgers to hand the Brewers the LCS with how things are playing out.

 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Brian707 said:

I don't think Cleveland is dead yet. They just need to pull a 2016 Cubs and win 3 straight,  2 of them on the road.  

But there is a non 0 chance we see a I94 WS

Which gets me ill

Deciding who to root for is like choosing between drowning in freezing water or climbing over an ice berg where there’s polar bears waiting to eat you.

Edited by Geographyhater8888
  • Haha 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted
On 10/1/2026 at 9:38 AM, Funky-daddy said:

I’ll never understand why white sox fans hate the cubs so much. I’m planning to go to a Sox game next week and am rooting for them

Wear Cubs gear and let us know how it goes. While I know a lot of good Sox fans, the fan base has a significant number of horsefeatherss.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
On 10/1/2026 at 2:32 PM, 17 Seconds said:

who would you all root for in a chicago/milwaukee world series?

White Sox. Lesser of two evils and good for the City.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
3 hours ago, Brian707 said:

I don't think Cleveland is dead yet. They just need to pull a 2016 Cubs and win 3 straight,  2 of them on the road.  

But there is a non 0 chance we see a I94 WS

Which gets me ill

They’re dead. They can’t hit

Old-Timey Member
Posted
16 hours ago, UMFan83 said:

I'm not necessarily rooting against the White Sox but its a sick joke that the Cubs were 0-2 in the playoffs and the Brewers and White Sox are 5-0 so far, possibly 6-0 since it looks like the Guardians have no desire to score again.

Edit: And the White Sox take the lead right after I say that lol

I don't care one bit that the White Sox are having success. Admittedly I am a little annoyed that the Cubs drew (at the time) the hottest team on the planet and even had they beaten them would've had to get through the supernatural Brewers, while the White Sox drew probably the easiest bracket in the history of the MLB playoffs - but that annoyance would apply to any team in the White Sox' current position.

Posted
1 hour ago, dfnowak said:

Anyone see this?  Wouldn’t surprise me

 

I don't believe this is unique to the Brewers, any team, if they found a pitching tell, would use it.

  • Like 1
Posted

Not much excitement in LDS, where 3 series can end in a sweep, and im sure MLB and TV Networks cant be happy with losing Ad money, etc.

Keep an eye on some questionable calls in those games to extend series 😅😅

 

Posted

Does anyone else think we might see a lot of runs in Brewers-Padres tonight? Although neither team has big numbers vs. the posted starters, I don't believe the starters are pitching all that well.  Even the Cubs were starting to get to Pivetta, he only went 3.1, had he been allowed to go longer they very well may have scored more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...