Jump to content
North Side Baseball
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, gflore34 said:

I'm thinking that would have been 2 run HR, not so sure because it was such a moon shot.

105 mph with a 49 degree LA according to Savant.  I'm not sure that's a HR regardless of what it hits.  

Apparently only 5 balls with a 49 degree LA have ended up as HRs in the Statcast era and 4 of them were hit harder.  I believe the 5th was with favorable wind conditions.

Edit: Actually reading more into it, all 5 of those HRs were wind aided.

Edited by UMFan83
Posted (edited)

I’m not so sure. It was still heading upwards when it hit the cabling. I think it was a HR ball, but we’ll never know.

I agree Megill is a prime candidate to blow a save. It just about happened there.

Edited by Soul
Misspelling
Posted
1 hour ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

105.3 at 49 is only a HR in Daikin Park according to statcast, I have no idea if that accounts for roofs

Had no idea that's what Houston's park was called now.

  • Like 1
Posted
11 minutes ago, soccer10k said:

Had no idea that's what Houston's park was called now.

Make fans should call stadiums by their team name so they don't have to remember lol.   Like Astros Park.

Posted
8 hours ago, UMFan83 said:

105 mph with a 49 degree LA according to Savant.  I'm not sure that's a HR regardless of what it hits.  

Apparently only 5 balls with a 49 degree LA have ended up as HRs in the Statcast era and 4 of them were hit harder.  I believe the 5th was with favorable wind conditions.

Edit: Actually reading more into it, all 5 of those HRs were wind aided.

Yeah it being right down the line makes it closer but balls hit 40+ degrees are usually only out if the wind is helping or it's a Schwarbomb hit like 118 mph

Posted
1 minute ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

King looks just as good as he did against us so far

He sure does of course, Tatis Jr. looks like ass.  Could be because he's facing actual quality pitching but, still the assh*le looks like ass.

Posted
1 minute ago, chibears55 said:

Padres gonna blow this aren't they 🙄

I didn't understand the sequence to Frelick, no way he does anything with 100+ letter high.  Just too cute.  That's were the game was blown.

Posted
1 minute ago, gflore34 said:

I didn't understand the sequence to Frelick, no way he does anything with 100+ letter high.  Just too cute.  That's were the game was blown.

Walking sub-.200 Sanchez didn't help

Posted

Padres have no punch on the road do they?  Tatis Jr. , very good, arrogant cocky horsefeathers in San Diego, pretty much the complete opposite away from San Diego.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...