Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Old-Timey Member
Posted

Just as we all expected after week 1, through 4 weeks the Bears D has allowed a total of 65 points, which is the 4th best scoring defense in the NFL.

And that offense that nearly got 60 has scored a total of 112 points, good enough for 9th best scoring offense in the NFL.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
28 minutes ago, 17 Seconds said:

it's pretty crazy how ben johnson completely transformed the organization

In just a little over one season. Pretty crazy what was going on just two years ago. 

 

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted
7 minutes ago, Geographyhater8888 said:

Bears just need to clean up some of the red zone slop. They’ve left so many points on the board.

Agreed. I still think letting Kmet take the snap and run it with TE's tush pushing from behind in super short yardage is the way to go. 

Posted
Just now, BigbadB said:

Agreed. I still think letting Kmet take the snap and run it with TE's tush pushing from behind in super short yardage is the way to go. 

I also think they miss Dalman. I’d like to see more play action and throws in general. 

Posted (edited)

Looking ahead to next week, Bears are favorites at Lambeau.  When was the last time that happened? 2006?

Edited by Brian707
Posted
1 hour ago, Brian707 said:

Looking ahead to next week, Bears are favorites at Lambeau.  When was the last time that happened? 2006?

Yep.  Must win game next week. They have to kick those horsefeathers while they’re down in this once in a 20 year opportunity and flip the rivalry back. 

  • Like 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted
28 minutes ago, Geographyhater8888 said:

Yep.  Must win game next week. They have to kick those horsefeathers while they’re down in this once in a 20 year opportunity and flip the rivalry back. 

They barely beat a Tampa Bay team in disarray yesterday. But it’s Bears/Packers and I expect a dogfight.
 

We need to limit mistakes. Turnovers would tilt this thing in the wrong direction quick. We lost the turnover battle yesterday and won the game. That will not happen next week.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Soul said:

They barely beat a Tampa Bay team in disarray yesterday. But it’s Bears/Packers and I expect a dogfight.
 

We need to limit mistakes. Turnovers would tilt this thing in the wrong direction quick. We lost the turnover battle yesterday and won the game. That will not happen next week.

It helps when you outgain a team by 335 yards. They need to capitalize on red zone opportunities. 

Posted

The PFF stuff is hilarious. I'm wondering how much of their algorithm got thrown off due to sample size. The bears ran the ball 54 times, and had 89 plays all together. The Jets had 32 plays total lol. I'm curious the last time the Bears outnumbered their opposition in total plays like that.

Posted

I’m mentally preparing myself for the possibility of a pretty mediocre to bad Packers team getting us on the road with our back up QB.

I wish Caleb could be back, but it’s not worth jeopardizing his recovery. Sucks. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Geographyhater8888 said:

It helps when you outgain a team by 335 yards. They need to capitalize on red zone opportunities. 

spacer.png

 

Run this guy instead of Swift in those situations more often

Edited by Brian707
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

I’m mentally preparing myself for the possibility of a pretty mediocre to bad Packers team getting us on the road with our back up QB.

I wish Caleb could be back, but it’s not worth jeopardizing his recovery. Sucks. 

I am concerned as well, the Bears will be prepared, probably play OK, but, BS will happen.  Swift with his recent case of fumble-itis is worrisome.  First one at goal line was punched out, the one yesterday was inexcusable.

Edited by gflore34
Posted

It's safe to say I've been traumatized by 35 years of barely interrupted Packers horsefeathers. My mental health needs the Bears to dominate this rivalry for at least a few years.

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted

A lot of the "analysis" of this game is just like "yeah, that was a thumping.  We're not gonna spend much time on this one"

I understand the trauma reaction to the Packers guys, but come on.  The Packers are a hot injured mess.  The Bears coaching staff is our "star player" and they're never injured.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Old-Timey Member
Posted
1 hour ago, jb10194 said:

The PFF stuff is hilarious. I'm wondering how much of their algorithm got thrown off due to sample size. The bears ran the ball 54 times, and had 89 plays all together. The Jets had 32 plays total lol. I'm curious the last time the Bears outnumbered their opposition in total plays like that.

At this point the PFF algorithm itself is hilarious. They're done.

Posted

I didn't hear it but apparently Dan Hampton and EOB and callers to their show seem to think Bagent is the answer at QB.   They all think Caleb will cost too much and doesn't play in structure.  

No shade to him but I'm not putting my super bowl hopes on Tyson f'ing Bagent.  Bears fans (at least the ones that call into talk radio) are massive idiots.  

Old-Timey Member
Posted
4 minutes ago, The_Achiever said:

I didn't hear it but apparently Dan Hampton and EOB and callers to their show seem to think Bagent is the answer at QB.   They all think Caleb will cost too much and doesn't play in structure.  

No shade to him but I'm not putting my super bowl hopes on Tyson f'ing Bagent.  Bears fans (at least the ones that call into talk radio) are massive idiots.  

Shocking that old white dudes would favor Bagent over Caleb.  You can win a lot of games with a competent QB but you aren't a perennial contender unless you have a guy who can bail you out at the end of games consistently because so many NFL games come down to the final possession.  Bagent isn't and likely never will be that guy because of his physical limitations.

  • Like 3
Posted
10 minutes ago, The_Achiever said:

I didn't hear it but apparently Dan Hampton and EOB and callers to their show seem to think Bagent is the answer at QB.   They all think Caleb will cost too much and doesn't play in structure.  

No shade to him but I'm not putting my super bowl hopes on Tyson f'ing Bagent.  Bears fans (at least the ones that call into talk radio) are massive idiots.  

He doesn’t play in structure. He doesn’t have to either and Ben game plans for him differently. He was top 5 in ADOT last year. “Working the system” works against weaker opponents in the regular season when there’s a clear coaching advantage. 
 

Did they not just watch Mahomes win 3 superbowls?

  • Like 4
Posted

It's really not worth it to consider the opinion of any Bears fan who unironically prefers Tyson to Caleb. They're <1% of the Bears fan population anyway. Best to be ignored. 

  • Like 5
Community Moderator
Posted

By the way, it turns out that NOBODY should pay attention to strength of schedule before the season.  That won't stop anyone from doing it, but....

image.thumb.png.cf2fb40260b0f5e5395c87efa2b9e463.png

  • Like 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted
20 minutes ago, Banedon said:

Johnson says in his Monday morning interview with Joniak on ESPN 1000 that Bagent will start vs GB.

As he should, if Caleb isn’t ready. I just hope Caled’s injury doesn’t linger, They can win a lot of games with Bagent, but Caleb is who can win the biggest games. This team can go far this year. Maybe even a SB, but they need Caleb for that. Bagent is fine this week. Maybe even the next, but we need Caleb back. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...