Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
1 hour ago, jersey cubs fan said:

Bears are 2.5 point road favorites with a backup QB in Lambeau.

 

i don’t like this 

I love it.  I love how upset Packers fans are.  I love how the Bears are playing.  I love how the Packers are playing.  I love how the Bears are being coached.  I love how the Packers are being coached.

Nothing but love, baby.

  • Like 1
Posted
17 minutes ago, Banedon said:

So Marcus Davenport played 12 snaps for the Bears on Sunday after being elevated from the practice squad.  He then asked for, and was granted his release.  And now, it looks like he's going to retire.

Marcus Davenport will retire from football - NBC Sports

This is just 4D chess by Davenports' agent.

Since the Bears granted his release he is now able to negotiate as a free agent with any Edge hungry team on his own terms. While the uniformed individual may not think this a very likely scenario, the astute person who has done their research will be aware that his 12 snaps produced a 70.8 PFF overall grade. 😃

Posted

In the realm of analytics that still have meaning, the Bears are up to 8th in DVOA this week (they were 11th last week), on the strength of the 9th ranked offense and 6th ranked defense because nothing makes sense so far.

https://ftnfantasy.com/nfl/week-4-dvoa-rams-and-panthers-rising

Teams above them: 49ers, Chiefs, Jags, Bills, Ravens, Seahawks, Rams. Of those, only the Rams are a team I would look a little skeptically of, and that's mostly due to their week 1 performance which is starting to look like an outlier.

Posted

Looking forward, but it sure sounds like Kyle Gordon and Shemar Turner will be back shortly. There is talk they get Coby Bryant back in December. If, and that's a big if, they make a big splash move should it be what everyone is expecting in the form of an edge rusher or should it be CB? From what I've seen so far this year, I think I'd prioritize CB because  I just can't take anymore Tyrique Stevenson. There's just way too many gaffes that his flashes of competence can't make up for.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Looking forward, but it sure sounds like Kyle Gordon and Shemar Turner will be back shortly. There is talk they get Coby Bryant back in December. If, and that's a big if, they make a big splash move should it be what everyone is expecting in the form of an edge rusher or should it be CB? From what I've seen so far this year, I think I'd prioritize CB because  I just can't take anymore Tyrique Stevenson. There's just way too many gaffes that his flashes of competence can't make up for.

Muhammad will be taking over at CB and Gordon will be the nickel. A Mack or Sweat trade would be my preference. 

Edited by Wilson A2000
Posted

Need another corner before an edge I think.  I co-sign the end of the Tyrique Stevenson experiment.  He should be a backup and special teams guy, IMO. 

Old-Timey Member
Posted
2 hours ago, Wilson A2000 said:

Muhammad will be taking over at CB and Gordon will be the nickel. A Mack or Sweat trade would be my preference. 

Yep, an edge would be my preference. Mack or Sweat would be great. 

Posted

Usually Packers week fills me with dread but I feel serene and zen about this whole thing. The Bears are the better team, but they'll be on the road and are starting a risk-prone back-up QB. They could lose the game. They could win the game. Losing would not be devastating for the Bears, it would be a bummer, but hardly anything fatal. Losing for the Packers would be devastating. It doesn't knock them out by any means, but it would be a huge blow to them, and put them in the position of losing 4 of the last 5 meetings, which is generationally unprecedented. 

The Packers are 45-15 vs. the Bears over the last 30 years. That's almost impossible. I don't think there's a single rivalry in the NFL (or maybe even professional sports) that is that one-sided. It's time to even that up a little bit. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

Usually Packers week fills me with dread but I feel serene and zen about this whole thing. The Bears are the better team, but they'll be on the road and are starting a risk-prone back-up QB. They could lose the game. They could win the game. Losing would not be devastating for the Bears, it would be a bummer, but hardly anything fatal. Losing for the Packers would be devastating. It doesn't knock them out by any means, but it would be a huge blow to them, and put them in the position of losing 4 of the last 5 meetings, which is generationally unprecedented. 

The Packers are 45-15 vs. the Bears over the last 30 years. That's almost impossible. I don't think there's a single rivalry in the NFL (or maybe even professional sports) that is that one-sided. It's time to even that up a little bit. 

Regardless of the outcome I believe the rivalry has changed, maybe, should the Bears win, even flipped.  The Bears have comparable or better coaching and quarterbacking, severely lacking in these areas is what fueled the Packers run.

Posted

Comparable coaching & quarterbacking? That’s laughable. Ben is light years ahead of LaFleur. Caleb is significantly better than Love too. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Old Style said:

Comparable coaching & quarterbacking? That’s laughable. Ben is light years ahead of LaFleur. Caleb is significantly better than Love too. 

PTSD from the previous state of the rivalry, while it appears there's some truth to your statement I'm not going to come out and state it.

Old-Timey Member
Posted

Just watching the games it's been clear Thieneman has been everywhere but damn I did not realize he was doing this

 

 

Posted

It would be so, so funny if the Bears pound Green Bay and they fire LaFleur. 

I think he's gone if they don't make the playoffs this season regardless. 

Posted
4 hours ago, BigSlick said:

. 

The Packers are 45-15 vs. the Bears over the last 30 years. That's almost impossible. I don't think there's a single rivalry in the NFL (or maybe even professional sports) that is that one-sided. It's time to even that up a little bit. 

Patriots vs AFC East has to be close 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BigSlick said:

It would be so, so funny if the Bears pound Green Bay and they fire LaFleur. 

I think he's gone if they don't make the playoffs this season regardless. 

The Packers don’t have the money to eat a $45 million contract. LaFleur has made the playoffs six out of the last seven seasons. You don’t fire a coach at 2-3 with your best player injured and about to come back. 

Edited by Wilson A2000
Old-Timey Member
Posted
46 minutes ago, We Got The Whole 9 said:

40-12 vs NYJ since 2000

Would Patriots/Jets really be considered a rivalry? Not exactly one I think of when talking NFL rivalries. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Rcal10 said:

Would Patriots/Jets really be considered a rivalry? Not exactly one I think of when talking NFL rivalries. 

Well they had quite possibly the craziest head coach stolen right out from under them situations ever. 
 

Boston / NY being the underlying fan bases adds quite a bit 

 

but yeah. It’s a division rival. Maybe not the national reputation of Bears packers or Steelers ravens but it’s a rivalry 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...