Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted
1 hour ago, Banedon said:

By the way, it turns out that NOBODY should pay attention to strength of schedule before the season.  That won't stop anyone from doing it, but....

image.thumb.png.cf2fb40260b0f5e5395c87efa2b9e463.png

I don't know why anybody puts stock in that narrative.  Too much league wide variance from year to year.  It's more about off season talking points, clicks, etc.

  • Like 4
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
3 hours ago, Banedon said:

By the way, it turns out that NOBODY should pay attention to strength of schedule before the season.  That won't stop anyone from doing it, but....

image.thumb.png.cf2fb40260b0f5e5395c87efa2b9e463.png

this is meaningless at this point in the season but it is very funny to see the Lions struggle as bad as they have with the easiest schedule in the league 

Old-Timey Member
Posted
5 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

this is meaningless at this point in the season but it is very funny to see the Lions struggle as bad as they have with the easiest schedule in the league 

The graph says this is schedule going forward, not schedule already played.

  • Like 1
Community Moderator
Posted
36 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

this is meaningless at this point in the season but it is very funny to see the Lions struggle as bad as they have with the easiest schedule in the league 

It's more meaningful that measuring the strength of schedule in the pre-season is.

Posted (edited)

As, I think it Soul, alluded to, the Bears have Ben Johnson and Co. and they don't suffer any injuries.  Ben is also a big reason why I think Caleb' not going to regress, look at all those others who regressed after a breakout.  Stroud, Daniels, the Bears have them beat on coaching front, by a wide margin.  While I believe Caleb will not regress, it's, of course still possible, maybe, it's best to say the Bears have lessened the chances of regression with superior coaching.  It's been a long, long, long time since the Bears had any semblance of coaching competency, easily 35+ years.  Man, that's pathetic, couldn't even get it right by accident in 35+ years.

Edited by gflore34
Posted

I think Lovie and co was a very good coaching staff, they just unfortunately never quite found the right OC and definitely never found a QB anywhere near Caleb’s level. Still managed to parlay that into a Super Bowl appearance and 9 years of NFL competence. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

I think Lovie and co was a very good coaching staff, they just unfortunately never quite found the right OC and definitely never found a QB anywhere near Caleb’s level. Still managed to parlay that into a Super Bowl appearance and 9 years of NFL competence. 

Forgot about Lovie!  You are very right.  Easy to forget in the morass of coaching garbage between Lovie and Ben.

  • Love 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

I think Lovie and co was a very good coaching staff, they just unfortunately never quite found the right OC and definitely never found a QB anywhere near Caleb’s level. Still managed to parlay that into a Super Bowl appearance and 9 years of NFL competence. 

Lovie was a great culture builder and knew how to implement his Tampa 2 defense to perfection until the rest of the league started figuring out how to beat it/the Bears best defenders started getting old.  He was a good coach, the best Bears coach in my lifetime, but not good in the way Ben Johnson is imo. 

Ben Johnson completely turned around the culture and his X’s and O’s aren’t limited to specific personnel, he seemingly can adapt and optimize to the players he has.  Like I have a pretty strong feeling he could have made Cutler into a much better QB than he was in Chicago  

I’m sure he does less with the defense than he does the offense but I get the feeling he’s pretty involved there too. 

Edited by UMFan83
  • Like 1
Posted

I did not see this defense coming. Stifling the Packers this week would be huge. Hoping Kyler, Caleb, and Ozzy are all back soon and then this team can take off. They’ll need those guys because the Bears have a tough schedule coming up

Posted

I think Caleb comes back in the Patriots game. I doubt they would bring him back for Atlanta and then 4 days later play again vs New England 

Posted
1 hour ago, UMFan83 said:

Lovie was a great culture builder and knew how to implement his Tampa 2 defense to perfection until the rest of the league started figuring out how to beat it/the Bears best defenders started getting old.  He was a good coach, the best Bears coach in my lifetime, but not good in the way Ben Johnson is imo. 

Ben Johnson completely turned around the culture and his X’s and O’s aren’t limited to specific personnel, he seemingly can adapt and optimize to the players he has.  Like I have a pretty strong feeling he could have made Cutler into a much better QB than he was in Chicago  

I’m sure he does less with the defense than he does the offense but I get the feeling he’s pretty involved there too. 

Man, I would love to have seen what Ben could have done with jay.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Man, I would love to have seen what Ben could have done with jay.

Get into a fist fight in the locker room would be my guess

Posted
2 hours ago, BigSlick said:

I think Lovie and co was a very good coaching staff, they just unfortunately never quite found the right OC and definitely never found a QB anywhere near Caleb’s level. Still managed to parlay that into a Super Bowl appearance and 9 years of NFL competence. 

Let's not forget Lovie's last contribution to the Bears was helping CHI land the pick to draft Caleb Williams. 

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...