Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted
18 minutes ago, Rcal10 said:

I don’t really see much hate. I feel most people have been pretty fair about him. He did fine. Nothing outstanding but for the job done. Game manager style. 

I mean, people called for a QB change at halftime. Also, “Bagent is ass.”

  • Haha 1
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bobson Dugnutt said:

He completed 72% of his passes. 2 of his 9 incompletions were balls thrown out of the back of the end zone to kill the clock as time was ticking down, the right decision both times to leave the FG open as a possible. He threw for 270 yards. His offense committed only two penalties. He drew the defense offsides twice with hard counts, which is pretty impressive for a guy starting g for the 5th time ever. 46% on 3rd down, 2/3 on 4th. The offense he led dominated TOP.

 

2 of the 3 INTS that were wiped off would not have been INTs without the flags. I didn’t really see the penalty on the first one, so he should likely wear that. The throw behind Colston that Fitzpatrick picked off was legitimately a bad ball.

 

that was a good game for a backup quarterback. 

Oh yeah and the 2nd monangai touchdown Bagent changed the play call at the line of scrimmage after seeing the defensive formation. Nice awareness from a young QB starting his first game in three years.

Posted

Both Bagent and Keenum can run this offense. Neither can make the circus plays. In my view it’s six of one half dozen of the other.

  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah, I thought Bagent was absolutely fine.  He didn't look panicked or out of his depth.  I mean...anybody watching Kyler Murray right now?   Bagent looks like an MVP next to that guy.

Posted

I'm not advocating for Bagent/Keenum over Caleb, but it's interesting how often Caleb scrambles compared to what we've seen the last two weeks. Is there something to "Caleb starts scrambling way too early and should stick in the pocket"? We saw both backups make a lot of smooth pocket passes, especially on play action

Posted

The best a team can really hope for is to go .500 with a backup QB. The Bears are ahead of schedule, so far, at 2-0. Hard to really complain, especially when you consider that both Keenum and Bagent had a combined 5 possible INT's that where either dropped or taken away due to penalty. 

Posted
30 minutes ago, Banedon said:

Yeah, I thought Bagent was absolutely fine.  He didn't look panicked or out of his depth.  I mean...anybody watching Kyler Murray right now?   Bagent looks like an MVP next to that guy.

Or Malik Willis?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I'm really hoping week 2 doesn't come back and bite them in the ass

I mean, Caleb still isn't back, but I am of the opinion the elements played a massive role in the outcome of that game, more so than Flores. It's unfortunate that they play on what might be the worst turf in the NFL with the best offense in the NFL, but aside from that handicap they've outplayed every opponent.

Even in week 2, if Swift holds onto the ball and Caleb's hamstring doesn't give, the game is 17-9 and nobody is second guessing.

  • Like 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, bukie said:

I mean, Caleb still isn't back, but I am of the opinion the elements played a massive role in the outcome of that game, more so than Flores. It's unfortunate that they play on what might be the worst turf in the NFL with the best offense in the NFL, but aside from that handicap they've outplayed every opponent.

Even in week 2, if Swift holds onto the ball and Caleb's hamstring doesn't give, the game is 17-9 and nobody is second guessing.

Exactly. They tripped over their own dick in that game. Deserved the loss. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, bukie said:

I mean, Caleb still isn't back, but I am of the opinion the elements played a massive role in the outcome of that game, more so than Flores. It's unfortunate that they play on what might be the worst turf in the NFL with the best offense in the NFL, but aside from that handicap they've outplayed every opponent.

Even in week 2, if Swift holds onto the ball and Caleb's hamstring doesn't give, the game is 17-9 and nobody is second guessing.

Vikings played on the same turf in the same weather

Posted
10 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Vikings played on the same turf in the same weather

and didn't do anything offensively either

nobody is saying the Vikings didn't deserve to win, but the fact of the matter is it was a slopfest where it was impossible to play effective offense. 

Posted

Bears apparently became the second team in the SB era to have more first downs than plays their opponents ran 

 

We have something really great cooking with that defense. They are playing out of their minds on 3rd down. Blowing the league away so far. Geno came into the game completing 75% of his passes and he shredded the Lions last week. You guys have said Geno was just horrible, I didn't get to see the game, but maybe it was actually Allen. He is making it hell on QBs since the 2nd half of week 1.

 

Feeling so good about rolling the Pack in Lambeau next week. Keep this horsefeathers rolling baby!

Posted (edited)

PFF is cracking me up.  If you looked at their initial grading, you would assume the Jets had won the game, and probably handily.

Among the highlights: 

-The Bears had a negative EPA per run, the Jets had a positive EPA per run

-Bagent had 1 turnover worthy throw on 32 drop backs (maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I thought Caleb's INT in week 1 counted as a turnover worthy throw even though it was called back due to a defensive penalty)

-Among both teams, the Jets had the number 1, 2 and 4 graded offensive players...you know the team that had 32 total offensive plays.

-Similarly, the Jets had the 5 highest graded defensive players...you know the team that allowed 34 1st downs and almost 500 total yards.

I get there are nuances that go beyond "defense was bad so all the individual players are bad", but it just looks silly on paper

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-4-recap-new-york-jets-13-chicago-bears-23

 

Edited by UMFan83
Posted
26 minutes ago, UMFan83 said:

PFF is cracking me up.  If you looked at their initial grading, you would assume the Jets had won the game, and probably handily.

Among the highlights: 

-The Bears had a negative EPA per run, the Jets had a positive EPA per run

-Bagent had 1 turnover worthy throw on 32 drop backs (maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I thought Caleb's INT in week 1 counted as a turnover worthy throw even though it was called back due to a defensive penalty)

-Among both teams, the Jets had the number 1, 2 and 4 graded offensive players...you know the team that had 32 total offensive plays.

-Similarly, the Jets had the 5 highest graded defensive players...you know the team that allowed 34 1st downs and almost 500 total yards.

I get there are nuances that go beyond "defense was bad so all the individual players are bad", but it just looks silly on paper

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-4-recap-new-york-jets-13-chicago-bears-23

 

I mean, they got the score of the game wrong.

Posted
Just now, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

what happened to PFF?

Sold off to a venture capital company last offseason, who promptly laid off all the data experts and didn't replace them with anyone, which makes me think their grades are being AI generated now.

Posted
Just now, bukie said:

Sold off to a venture capital company last offseason, who promptly laid off all the data experts and didn't replace them with anyone, which makes me think their grades are being AI generated now.

wow, that is extremely depressing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...