Adenhart (Angels) Killed after game in wreck

moorecg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ktla.com/landing/?blockID=262344&feedID=171

FULLERTON -- KTLA has confirmed that Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Nick Adenhart was among three people killed in a hit-and-run crash in Fullerton.

The crash took place around 12:20 a.m. Thursday, just hours after 22-year-old Adenhart pitched a six-inning shut out for the Angels.

Police say a minivan barreled down East Orangethorpe Avenue and slammed into a silver Mitsubishi traveling on South Lemon Street.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/04/3-killed.html

Adenhart, another man and a woman were all killed, and another man was critically injured, in a three-vehicle crash blamed on a motorist who ran a red light at a Fullerton intersection, police said. Besides Adenhart, one of the other people who was also killed was also part of the Angels organization.

The bolded part has me intrigued. Was this a major leaguer? I cant imagine a pitcher just coming off a game would have a minor leaguer with him, but I guess its possible.

Adenhart, another man and a woman were all killed, and another man was critically injured, in a three-vehicle crash blamed on a motorist who ran a red light at a Fullerton intersection, police said. Besides Adenhart, one of the other people who was also killed was also part of the Angels organization.

The bolded part has me intrigued. Was this a major leaguer? I cant imagine a pitcher just coming off a game would have a minor leaguer with him, but I guess its possible.

It doesn't have to be a player. You could be talking about a bullpen catcher, strength coach, or any number of people.

I find it odd that as of 11:41 eastern, ESPN.com still has nothing on this story, while several media outlets are reporting it.

They're talking about it on Sportscenter, so they must have really slow web people.

Hit and runs are one of the most despicable things you can do to a fellow human being, especially if the other car was seriously hit. Who knows if they could have saved his life had they stopped and checked to see if they were ok. Thank God the person driving the other car was caught and arrested.

Ugh....RIP :(

Edited by UMFan83

Hit and runs are one of the most despicable things you can do to a fellow human being, especially if the other car was seriously hit. Who knows if they could have saved his life had they stopped and checked to see if they were ok.

Ugh....RIP :(

Especially after you ran a red light in the first place.