Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted
8 minutes ago, chibears55 said:

Youd think, but if Bagent fully healthy and has a full week of practice,  I think he'll get the start. 

We should just be happy we got this win from Case tonight and not press our luck lol

It would be pressing our luck NOT to start Keenum

  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old-Timey Member
Posted
1 minute ago, Brian707 said:

This is the funniest horsefeathers right before the pick

 

RDT_20260928_2259051646821318376339077.jpg

I'm not going to say for sure Hurts got concussed from that sideline hit, but he was a different player in the second half.

Posted

What a cool game. Football is good again.

this game cements to me that Ben Johnson is a football genius. The man just gets offense. 

Community Moderator
Posted
9 hours ago, Wilson A2000 said:

 

I don't think this was called as a late hit. He launched at a QB that was giving himself up out of bounds. I don't want defenders taking free shots like that against Caleb, so I'm going to have to disagree that this shouldn't have been called.

  • Like 2
Community Moderator
Posted

Such an awesome wife. Ignoring that I have 8 tv's on my wall in the bar, last night was our 23rd anniversary and we went to Freddy's Steakburgers and came home to watch the Bears game. We had a POA meeting at 2pm on Sunday, so I paused all 8 tv's during the noon games for 3 hours and came home and continued my football Sunday as usual.

We will do something nicer tonight (before the Cubs and Blackhawks games), but Monday is slim pickings in these parts, so don't laugh too loud at "Freddy's" as our special meal. Haha. Games tonight don't start until 9pm, so I have more time to enjoy a meal and my wife tonight.

What a game. WOW! Case is going to be in the running for offensive player of the week. Probably going to Bijan, but good on him and Ben for coming up with a great offensive game plan.

1st and inches at the goal line? Kmet lines up behind center and let Loveland and Rousch help push him in the end zone against the team that invented the tush push. It was a no brainer. Hated that they lined up in shotgun first and goal there.

  • Like 2
Community Moderator
Posted

Guys keenum isn't  gonna start next week.  He's gonna be hurting from this one, and there's no way he's gonna be able to make multiple starts in a row.  Just enjoy what last night was.  A damn miracle.  It's like Rizzo pitching.  Let Keenum enjoy his 0.00 ERA.

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted
11 minutes ago, BigbadB said:

Such an awesome wife. Ignoring that I have 8 tv's on my wall in the bar, last night was our 23rd anniversary and we went to Freddy's Steakburgers and came home to watch the Bears game. We had a POA meeting at 2pm on Sunday, so I paused all 8 tv's during the noon games for 3 hours and came home and continued my football Sunday as usual.

We will do something nicer tonight (before the Cubs and Blackhawks games), but Monday is slim pickings in these parts, so don't laugh too loud at "Freddy's" as our special meal. Haha. Games tonight don't start until 9pm, so I have more time to enjoy a meal and my wife tonight.

What a game. WOW! Case is going to be in the running for offensive player of the week. Probably going to Bijan, but good on him and Ben for coming up with a great offensive game plan.

1st and inches at the goal line? Kmet lines up behind center and let Loveland and Rousch help push him in the end zone against the team that invented the tush push. It was a no brainer. Hated that they lined up in shotgun first and goal there.

People who are a lot smarter than me do shotgun from inside the 1 yard line. But I’ll never be able to understand voluntarily giving up 3 yards from the get go. Especially when it’s a run. Double especially when you have a good OLine.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Soul said:

People who are a lot smarter than me do shotgun from inside the 1 yard line. But I’ll never be able to understand voluntarily giving up 3 yards from the get go. Especially when it’s a run. Double especially when you have a good OLine.

It gets the ball to the back quicker than under center and helps them see the field better. 

Edited by Geographyhater8888
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, minnesotacubsfan said:

Has the locker room speech been posted?

"This ain't my first horsefeathers rodeo"

Case Keenum 

Edited by Brian707
  • Like 2
Posted
54 minutes ago, BigbadB said:

I don't think this was called as a late hit. He launched at a QB that was giving himself up out of bounds. I don't want defenders taking free shots like that against Caleb, so I'm going to have to disagree that this shouldn't have been called.

Hurts was sprinting towards the first down marker. I didn’t see him giving himself up.

Posted

Bagent, after being a full participant in this week's practice, should definitely start vs. the Jets, etc.  I'd like to see Odunze start playing like the 1st round, top ten pick he was, he was really good at Washington.  I suspect it's there for him, just have to bring all the time.

Posted
1 hour ago, BigbadB said:

I don't think this was called as a late hit. He launched at a QB that was giving himself up out of bounds. I don't want defenders taking free shots like that against Caleb, so I'm going to have to disagree that this shouldn't have been called.

It wasn’t a launch. Jackson didn’t leave his feet. I’m not surprised it was called a penalty because of the protections quarterbacks receive, but Jackson played that right. We’ve seen guys (Mahomes) fake towards out of bounds and turn back into the field of play enough times that it can’t be considered giving yourself up just to be running toward the sideline. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Bobson Dugnutt said:

It wasn’t a launch. Jackson didn’t leave his feet. I’m not surprised it was called a penalty because of the protections quarterbacks receive, but Jackson played that right. We’ve seen guys (Mahomes) fake towards out of bounds and turn back into the field of play enough times that it can’t be considered giving yourself up just to be running toward the sideline. 

Caleb has done that also

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bobson Dugnutt said:

It wasn’t a launch. Jackson didn’t leave his feet. I’m not surprised it was called a penalty because of the protections quarterbacks receive, but Jackson played that right. We’ve seen guys (Mahomes) fake towards out of bounds and turn back into the field of play enough times that it can’t be considered giving yourself up just to be running toward the sideline. 

Replays showed Hurts was still in bounds when contact was initiated.  I'm all for objectively protecting QB's, for years that hasn't been true when it came to Bears' QB's.

Edited by gflore34
  • Like 2
Posted

Listen, in my opinion, Jackson’s hit was a clean hit, he led with his shoulder, he didn’t even make contact with Hurts’s head, and Hurts was still (barely) in bounds when he got hit.

but I also knew without a doubt it would draw a penalty because it looked so violent when it happened and he’s a QB and that’s how they legislate the game now. And as the poster above said: if you saw an opposing player lay that hit on Caleb, would you want a flag? Yes. I think I would. 
 

still glad DeMarco Jackson laid the hit because Hurts was clearly not the game guy afterwards. 

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Missing old man lacrosse was definitely worth it!!!!!  Although, it was awesome weather last night, probably going to be cold as horsefeathers next Monday night.

Edited by gflore34
  • Haha 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

Listen, in my opinion, Jackson’s hit was a clean hit, he led with his shoulder, he didn’t even make contact with Hurts’s head, and Hurts was still (barely) in bounds when he got hit.

but I also knew without a doubt it would draw a penalty because it looked so violent when it happened and he’s a QB and that’s how they legislate the game now. And as the poster above said: if you saw an opposing player lay that hit on Caleb, would you want a flag? Yes. I think I would. 
 

still glad DeMarco Jackson laid the hit because Hurts was clearly not the game guy afterwards. 

Yeah this is kind of where I’m at, I’m not really surprised it was a flag. QBs get that protection. But if it was a late hit it was late by a couple toes. I wouldn’t really want Jackson approaching that any differently.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...