Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted

The crippling week 2 loss to the projected 4th place team in the division hurts, but does not sink the season. A loss at home against another NFC opponent is going to make the road to playoffs 2027 even more difficult. I have to assume the Eagles rack up the points and Keenum will make some use of his skill position guys. But the Bears are 4.5 point dogs and the over/under is a measly 41. This is likely to be a throwback unwatchable Bears game with no Caleb.  But let’s hope for some entertainment at least. 

Recommended Posts

Posted

I feel like this will be a weird game and Keenum will be like, surprisingly good and the offense will be effective and the defense will give up 40 and we lose anyway. (Would that be weird? or expected?) 

Posted
10 hours ago, jersey cubs fan said:

The crippling week 2 loss to the PREVIOUSLY projected 4th place team in the division hurts, but does not sink the season. 

FIFY

Posted

I do feel a lot, lot better with Tyson Bagent as the starter than Case Keenum, but also he would definitely need a week of practice? So I don't know how to feel.

I'm mentally already counting this game as a loss anyway, so I dunno. 

Posted

I think the Bears are going to win and then the lame brain portion of the Bears fan base will be suggesting Bagent is as good as Caleb. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Rcal10 said:

I think the Bears are going to win and then the lame brain portion of the Bears fan base will be suggesting Bagent is as good as Caleb. 

That would be the Bears-y thing to happen.

Posted
4 hours ago, Rcal10 said:

I think the Bears are going to win and then the lame brain portion of the Bears fan base will be suggesting Bagent is as good as Caleb. 

Fine problem to have IMO.  Ben is not going to bench Caleb so let the meatballs look stupid yet again.

Posted
Just now, Soul said:

That would be the Bears-y thing to happen.

The whole dumbass "Caleb isn't tough," narrative means either the Bears will gut out an ugly win with Bagent having like two good plays that will cause the meatballs to proclaim him the next Jim Miller, or Bagent gets hurt on the first drive and the team gets destroyed 45-10.

  • Like 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, Outshined_One said:

The whole dumbass "Caleb isn't tough," narrative means either the Bears will gut out an ugly win with Bagent having like two good plays that will cause the meatballs to proclaim him the next Jim Miller, or Bagent gets hurt on the first drive and the team gets destroyed 45-10.

Yeah. If they win Bagent will be described as gutty.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Bagent will dog walk that Philly defense.

I’m going 21/29, 167 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception,

3 sacks for -17 yards,

3 rushes for 14 yards and 1 touchdown. 
 

3.9 ANY/A, a 71 qbr, and a 99 PFF grade. 

 

 

Edited by Geographyhater8888
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Outshined_One said:

The whole dumbass "Caleb isn't tough," narrative means either the Bears will gut out an ugly win with Bagent having like two good plays that will cause the meatballs to proclaim him the next Jim Miller, or Bagent gets hurt on the first drive and the team gets destroyed 45-10.

Jayden Daniels was taken out on a stretcher for an elbow injury, Aaron Rodgers taken off the field on a stretcher in week 1 of 2018 and came back at halftime to kick us all in the nuts.

I get rival fans jabbing the Bears starting quarterback but to unironically question the toughness of an Ironman who played all 17 games after taking 68 sacks as a rookie is nonsense. 

Edited by Geographyhater8888
Posted
15 hours ago, Rcal10 said:

I think the Bears are going to win and then the lame brain portion of the Bears fan base will be suggesting Bagent is as good as Caleb. 

Philly is beatable. AJ Brown is huge loss. He was their most important skill player, not Barkley. They beat 2 ****** teams by a combined 6 points. What am I missing with this Eagles hype?

Posted (edited)

So 3 weeks from injury is at GB and 4 weeks is at Atlanta.  I think that's what we were mostly expecting. 

Edited by Brian707

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...