North Side Baseball

NCAA Football Coaching Vacancies

snoodmonger

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Strong is going to raid the SEC for his staff. Taking Gonzalez with him from UF, and Lance Thompson appears to be the likely DC for Strong, though Charlie will most certainly run that D.

We're going to lose half our staff after just one season. I hope Kiffin replaces them well.

Any room for Rodney Garner at this point?

According to the KC Star, Harbaugh is KU's #1 choice. Skip Holtz and Turner Gill allegedly would take the job if offered. And Tommy Tuberville just asked to be considered.

IMO, Harbaugh or Tuberville would both homerun hires. Holtz and Gill are pretty solid fallbacks, too.

Any truth to the rumors that the boosters want Zook out?

And now there is this....

http://illinois.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1027525&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

4 coaching changes, although NONE on the defensive side of the ball. along with firing the 1st year OC.

What a [expletive] joke.

Harbaugh would be an excellent, excellent hire for KU. And Jones would be a good hire for Cincy, though I get the impression if he left CMU would have to consider a "no-Cincinnati" clause in the next guy's contract.

Harbaugh would be an excellent, excellent hire for KU. And Jones would be a good hire for Cincy, though I get the impression if he left CMU would have to consider a "no-Cincinnati" clause in the next guy's contract.

I can hardly believe it, but Comcast Bay Area and 610 Radio in KC are both reporting that Harbaugh will fly to KC tomorrow night and accept the KU job on Sunday. Holy crap.

I can hardly believe it, but Comcast Bay Area and 610 Radio in KC are both reporting that Harbaugh will fly to KC tomorrow night and accept the KU job on Sunday. Holy crap.

LA radio is reporting that too.

Been listening to Tony Bruno talk about it for the last few minutes. Call me a skeptic yet, because I still really can't believe this, but everyone seems to be citing 610 KC as the source. CSN BA said clearly they have not yet confirmed it and were reporting what 610 said, so this isn't being widely confirmed.

Been listening to Tony Bruno talk about it for the last few minutes. Call me a skeptic yet, because I still really can't believe this, but everyone seems to be citing 610 KC as the source. CSN BA said clearly they have not yet confirmed it and were reporting what 610 said, so this isn't being widely confirmed.

I believe Harbaugh's wife is from Kansas so I'm not shocked.

I believe Harbaugh's wife is from Kansas so I'm not shocked.

Yeah apparently her family still lives in the KC area. That's been the only thing about this whole thing that has made it seem possible to me.

Those must be some strong family ties. I understand he'd get a substantial raise, but he'd get that with whatever future job he takes, and there have to be better jobs out there for him, if not necessarily this offseason. Taking over a team that went 5-7 (1-7), losing their QB, RB, and top 2 WR, without very much tradition or prestige to help him attract recruits, seems like an unnecessarily difficult project for someone who has built what Harbaugh has at Stanford.

That's a bizarre move by Harbaugh. Great get for Kansas, obviously, but I don't understand at all.

Double the money, wife's family. And Lawrence is a pretty sweet place. It's no Palo Alto, but it's also not insanely expensive to live in.

But again, I'm still skeptical unti we hear something from Stanford people on this. And it seems someone would talk if they knew he was leaving.

Sounds like Strong is going to raid the SEC for his staff. Taking Gonzalez with him from UF, and Lance Thompson appears to be the likely DC for Strong, though Charlie will most certainly run that D.

We're going to lose half our staff after just one season. I hope Kiffin replaces them well.

Any room for Rodney Garner at this point?

It's the price you pay, I guess.

Rodney Garner? Don't think so. Not even positive that Thompson is gone, to be honest.

The most interesting name I'm hearing for a position is none other than Sly Croom. I'd love to see this pan out.