Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
2 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Braves just hit a 3-run bomb to take the lead in the 8th.

Also, it's horsefeathers embarrassing how many empty seats there are in Atlanta

Seriously, you can't have empty seats for a playoff game. Lower the prices if you have to

Posted
1 minute ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

Seriously, you can't have empty seats for a playoff game. Lower the prices if you have to

Over half of the upper deck is empty

Posted

Brutal end for the Phillies.  Man you survive Chris Sale and have Cristopher Sanchez going tomorrow and you're feeling great, then NOPE

Moot point now but I wonder if the plan was to have Duran take the game to the house

Posted
3 minutes ago, mul21 said:

Interesting decision to pull Luzardo after 77 pitches and 5 innings when you don't trust your pen.

Luzardo was coming back from an injury. I am sure they were thrilled he went 77 pitches. They were sure what they had in him. 

Posted

So Cubs fans thought we had troubles because we didn’t have a sure fire #1 or #2 playoff starter. Maybe they should look at who is starting the Sox/Astros game. 2 openers. Cubs weren’t sure who starts because of Gausman’s health and basically any starter could start game 1. Not much difference between their best and worst starter. But at least they don’t need an opener. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Rcal10 said:

So Cubs fans thought we had troubles because we didn’t have a sure fire #1 or #2 playoff starter. Maybe they should look at who is starting the Sox/Astros game. 2 openers. Cubs weren’t sure who starts because of Gausman’s health and basically any starter could start game 1. Not much difference between their best and worst starter. But at least they don’t need an opener. 

I mean, both of these teams are significantly worse than the Cubs, and I think even the most negative people around here would agree with that. 

It's honestly insane that one of the Astros, White Sox, and Guardians will be in the ALCS. 

  • Like 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, Rcal10 said:

Luzardo was coming back from an injury. I am sure they were thrilled he went 77 pitches. They were sure what they had in him. 

Yeah he pitched on Sept 7, went on the IL and threw 1 inning on Sunday.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, soccer10k said:

Yeah he pitched on Sept 7, went on the IL and threw 1 inning on Sunday.

Which is why he was probably on a pitch count. 

Edited by Rcal10
Posted
12 minutes ago, squally1313 said:

I mean, both of these teams are significantly worse than the Cubs, and I think even the most negative people around here would agree with that. 

It's honestly insane that one of the Astros, White Sox, and Guardians will be in the ALCS. 

You would think so. But some were critical of the Cubs because they didn’t have a sure playoff starter. My point is, it could be worse. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

Astros being in the playoffs is so embarassing

Agreed. Of the white Sox, Astros and guardians, at least the guardians have a solid pitching staff. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

Astros being in the playoffs is so embarassing

I wouldn’t be opposed to just reseeding once the playoff start, even if you keep the division winner in the playoffs. And Houston would be in even if you just went top-6.

Rays and Yankees should have byes, Yankees should get the winner of Bos-Hou and TB would get Cle-ChW. Bos and Cle host WC series.

interesting enough, the NL wouldn’t change at all if you took top-6.

Posted
56 minutes ago, Rcal10 said:

So Cubs fans thought we had troubles because we didn’t have a sure fire #1 or #2 playoff starter. Maybe they should look at who is starting the Sox/Astros game. 2 openers. Cubs weren’t sure who starts because of Gausman’s health and basically any starter could start game 1. Not much difference between their best and worst starter. But at least they don’t need an opener. 

These are fake playoff teams that are only in because the AL is an embarrassment. 

Posted
52 minutes ago, squally1313 said:

I mean, both of these teams are significantly worse than the Cubs, and I think even the most negative people around here would agree with that. 

It's honestly insane that one of the Astros, White Sox, and Guardians will be in the ALCS. 

And the Rays play either the Yankees without Judge or Red Sox without Contreras. This has gotta be the easiest path to the WS in the Wild Card era. 

Posted
56 minutes ago, squally1313 said:

I mean, both of these teams are significantly worse than the Cubs, and I think even the most negative people around here would agree with that. 

It's honestly insane that one of the Astros, White Sox, and Guardians will be in the ALCS. 

Yea you have the AL 3 best teams all playing each other in first 2 rounds 

Rays Yankees and RedSox

Whitesox offense can carry them all the way to the ALCS

Posted
2 minutes ago, Outshined_One said:

I've been digging the team the White Sox are putting together, not gonna lie. Murakami is fun and no one on the team or in their booth is an outright douchebag.

Did you forget Antonacci exists?

  • Like 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, Outshined_One said:

I've been digging the team the White Sox are putting together, not gonna lie. Murakami is fun and no one on the team or in their booth is an outright douchebag.

See, I’ve also been really enjoying the white Sox resurgence as just something more entertaining than the wasteland that they inhibited the last 4-5 years, but it’s almost because I think there’s a lot of guys in that lineup who could be, if not already are, outright douchebags. Antonacci, the Montgomerys, signing Tommy Pham. 
 

they’re like a south side catholic league baseball team I hated playing and I somehow mean that as a compliment. Baseball is more fun when the Sox are hateable, rather than pathetic. 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, squally1313 said:

See, I’ve also been really enjoying the white Sox resurgence as just something more entertaining than the wasteland that they inhibited the last 4-5 years, but it’s almost because I think there’s a lot of guys in that lineup who could be, if not already are, outright douchebags. Antonacci, the Montgomerys, signing Tommy Pham. 
 

they’re like a south side catholic league baseball team I hated playing and I somehow mean that as a compliment. Baseball is more fun when the Sox are hateable, rather than pathetic. 

I find that not living in Chicago any longer, my Sox hatred has lessened. I do agree Antonnaci and Pham are douchebags. But not like the teams with Ozzie, Don Cooper, Williams, and Hawk Harrelson. Those teams only cared about cutting the Cubs down. They had a fan base just like them. At least now, Antonnaci and Pham are douchebags to the entire league. Not just the Cubs. Also, I had no idea either Montgomery was a doughbag. Maybe I would agree if I lived in Chicago. 

Edited by Rcal10
Posted
1 hour ago, ILMindState said:

And the Rays play either the Yankees without Judge or Red Sox without Contreras. This has gotta be the easiest path to the WS in the Wild Card era. 

Is Contreras out? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...