Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted

What a bounce back game for the Bears against Philly. Winning the games that were 50/50 entering the season can go a long way to making playoffs. Beating another NFC contender helps a lot too. But you have to follow up with home wins over perrenial losers. The Jets aren’t terrible but they know how to lose. Chicago has a QB decision to make, and while they’ll want to keep the opponent guessing there’s not enough variation in Keenum and Bagent to make game planning an issue. 
 

This will be a rare Sunday game I get to watch live in the NY market. back in the day this AFC team visiting the NFC would be a rare bears game on CBS and possibly bring their top broadcast team. Cowboys/Texans, Rams/Eagles, Packers/Bucs are the other early Fox games competing for marquee announcers. 

  • Like 1

Recommended Posts

Posted

A real "take out the trash" game that the Bears absolutely, positively, have to win. And, unfortunately, I think it'll be tougher than it seems. Jets played the Packers and Lions both to a standstill and refused to win. Geno Smith has looked very competent. 

If Caleb was playing I'd feel supremely confident, but you never know with back ups. It'd be so, so, so nice to finish the first quarter of the season 3-1. A 2-2 start wouldn't be a disaster, particularly with the injury to Caleb, but really. You really want this win. 

Do whatever you have to to get it. 

Posted
6 hours ago, BigSlick said:

A real "take out the trash" game that the Bears absolutely, positively, have to win. And, unfortunately, I think it'll be tougher than it seems. Jets played the Packers and Lions both to a standstill and refused to win. Geno Smith has looked very competent. 

If Caleb was playing I'd feel supremely confident, but you never know with back ups. It'd be so, so, so nice to finish the first quarter of the season 3-1. A 2-2 start wouldn't be a disaster, particularly with the injury to Caleb, but really. You really want this win. 

Do whatever you have to to get it. 

The game is in Chicago, so I feel good about the Bears chances.

Posted (edited)

Bears -3 seems trappy. Big win vs Philly and this game is right before the Packers game.

Plus on a short week.

Bears 20 Jets 19

Edited by Brian707
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Brian707 said:

Bears -3 seems trappy. Big win vs Philly and this game is right before the Packers game.

Plus on a short week.

Bears 20 Jets 19

I don’t like how good Geno Smith looks. I need him to be terrible, like how bad he was when we faced him last year. JJ McCarthy level bad. 
 

I’m not worried about the Jets being a “trap” game. I don’t think this coaching staff will ever overlook anyone and they will prepare with the uttermost intensity week in and week out. I just think the Jets are, regrettably, not that bad. I wish they were terrible, they are not. 

Edited by BigSlick
Posted
2 hours ago, Wilson A2000 said:

 

I was wondering why nobody asked about Kyler during Johnson's PC today with his eligible to come off IR after the Jets game.

Posted

Kyler Gordon was apparently a full participant in practice today.

If he's back to anywhere close to his 2024 level of play this team is a Super Bowl contender, IMO 

Posted
2 hours ago, BigSlick said:

Kyler Gordon was apparently a full participant in practice today.

If he's back to anywhere close to his 2024 level of play this team is a Super Bowl contender, IMO 

How soon could he be back in a game?

Posted
14 hours ago, Wilson A2000 said:

 

They should be getting Shemar Turner and Noah Sewell back at the same time. Not sure how much either will contribute, but I have some hope both can be improvements over the guys they will be replacing.

  • Like 1
Posted

Dennis Allen on Kyler Gordon:

 

Quote

Yeah, I think it was probably sometime last week, maybe the week before they said he’d be back in the building this week and ready to start practicing. I think really right now where we’re at he’s got to ramp up and get himself into football shape. We dd a little extra work with him yesterday.

I thought he looked good, I thought the way he went out there and practiced I thought was good to see. He moved around really well. I think the biggest thing is it just takes some time to get him into football shape. We will do that. We got 21 days to figure it out and make a decision and we will use whatever time we need to evaluate where he’s at. Hopefully he’ll be ready sooner rather than later. I think he’s a player that can help us.

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Hmmm perhaps he could have been getting in football shape weeks ago in the building?

Ah well I’m not gonna complain about found money. Glad it looks like he’ll be a contributor this year. 

Posted
57 minutes ago, Bertz said:

Big deal IMO

 

This is a very big deal but when the Bears were getting gashed against the Eagles, Saquon wasn't even being touched until he was 5 or more yards downfield. Then they cleaned it up in the second half. 

The run defense in general is frustrating - and all the more because we know DA will sometimes sacrifice pass rushing capacity to shore up against the run.... and then they still get gashed. Ah well. 

Posted
30 minutes ago, bukie said:

Yeah, time to pick up his backup in fantasy leagues.

I doubt his backups are still available on Friday. It's been rumored all week that he was likely out this coming Sunday.

Posted
1 hour ago, Banedon said:

Florio says that he's told that Bagent has taken all the first team reps in practice this week.

I’ve heard most, but not all of them. If Bagent got all of the first team reps, the Bears wouldn’t be able to hide who’s going to be the starting quarterback on Sunday. 

Posted

“The Chicago Bears are switching lanes at quarterback again, with Tyson Bagent now in line to start Sunday’s home game against the New York Jets, according to multiple sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the decision.”

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...