NFL Week 9

ELCABALLO45

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear the packers have the easiest schedule outside of the redskins

It's just simply quite unbelievable. Tampa Bay now? What the hell.

For the third time this has happened...same teams.

Well, technically, Tampa Bay is not the same.

The difference between the Bears and Packers schedules (other than playing 2 games against each other) is Atlanta/Philly vs. Tampa Bay/Dallas.

The difference between the Bears and Packers schedules (other than playing 2 games against each other) is Atlanta/Philly vs. Tampa Bay/Dallas.

Right, which I've pointed out in a couple of other threads. Again that's our reward for finishing 6-10 last year.

Right, which I've pointed out in a couple of other threads. Again that's our reward for finishing 6-10 last year.

Tampa Bay went 9-7 last year. It wasn't supposed to be a reward at all, but I guess we have this year's Bucs to thank for that. I'm having a hard time figuring out why Green Bay continues to earn respect in the rankings being a team that, after this weekend, will have victories against one mediocre team and four horrible teams. Looks like we'll find out in December though how good the Packers really are.

Tampa Bay went 9-7 last year. It wasn't supposed to be a reward at all, but I guess we have this year's Bucs to thank for that. I'm having a hard time figuring out why Green Bay continues to earn respect in the rankings being a team that, after this weekend, will have victories against one mediocre team and four horrible teams. Looks like we'll find out in December though how good the Packers really are.

We'll probably find out in a couple of weeks when we play Dallas. That'll answer a lot of questions because if we lose that game, we'll be 0-4 against teams with a winning record and 1-4 against teams that are average or better.

It's a problem when we're two months into the season and we don't really know the identity of our football team besides having a real miserable offensive line and a real good quarterback. The Dallas and San Francisco games will answer a lot of questions about the Packers.

We'll probably find out in a couple of weeks when we play Dallas. That'll answer a lot of questions because if we lose that game, we'll be 0-4 against teams with a winning record and 1-4 against teams that are average or better.

It's a problem when we're two months into the season and we don't really know the identity of our football team besides having a real miserable offensive line and a real good quarterback. The Dallas and San Francisco games will answer a lot of questions about the Packers.

Rodgers is very good. I really would like to see both GB and Chicago improve to the point where we can have some nice QB battles without them having to fight their own O-lines.

Rodgers is very good. I really would like to see both GB and Chicago improve to the point where we can have some nice QB battles without them having to fight their own O-lines.

Packers finish no better than 8-8 IMO with the remaining schedule @TB, DAL, SF, @DET, BALT, @CHI, @PIT, SEA, @ARI

There are only 2 for sure wins I see in their (@TB and @DET), and they will probably win 1-2 of; SF, @CHI, SEA, @ARI.

In the NFL, it doesn't always work out that way. TB wasn't bad last year, they just turned to crap in '09. It's no reward for anything. It's just fortunate.

Although the Bears are indeed an average team, as of right now they do have a winning record, so technically 1-4 for that if you lose to Dallas.

And I agree that Rodgers is a good QB, but I still think he has some things to work on in terms of stepping up in the pocket and avoiding at least some of the sacks. I saw a few times last Sunday where he did just that, but also some times where he just stood there when there was space to step up in the pocket. He needs to lead the team to a few victories too. He did that against the Bears, but if I remember right the main knock on him was that he could never seem to come through in the clutch toward the end of games.

I have this feeling that Rodgers is going to have this hall of fame type career but he will always play on mediocre teams so his career will pretty much be wasted.

I don't think it's possible in this era. A hall of fame caliber QB is going to play on quality teams at some point in his career. He might be like Marino and never win it all while having several mediocre seasons, or Brees and have an inconsistent team that can win or lose 10+ in any season. But if he has a HOF type career, his team is going to have success.

I'm finding myself hating the Vikings more than the Packers now. Turns out I hate Favre more than either of the teams individually.

I would be the same way if he had gone to the Bears and they were 7-1 with him playing well.

I got over my disdain for him pretty quickly this year though. At least unless he gets hurt and tries to play (badly) through it and the season goes down the drain.

I have this feeling that Rodgers is going to have this hall of fame type career but he will always play on mediocre teams so his career will pretty much be wasted.

I won't go so far to say a HOF type career, but I agree with your overall view. Or at least until we get a change at the top where we have a GM that's more committed in getting good offensive linemen in here and a coach that isn't a bumbling idiot.

Packers finish no better than 8-8 IMO with the remaining schedule @TB, DAL, SF, @DET, BALT, @CHI, @PIT, SEA, @ARI

There are only 2 for sure wins I see in their (@TB and @DET), and they will probably win 1-2 of; SF, @CHI, SEA, @ARI.

If the Packers can't beat seattle at home, they are done.

I went over the schedule yesterday as well.

We have 3 "should" be wins.... @ TB, @ DET and vs. Seattle. that brings them to 7-3

We have 1 "mark it as a loss right now"..... @ PITT. that brings them to 7-4. (And I know that's not the order of games)

Week 10 and 11 are two big games. vs. DAL and vs. SF. Not only are they home for GB but they are NFC games, which are huge for the tie breaker. If they can beat both Dallas and SF all they need to do is win 1 of Balt, Chi and ARZ to finish 10-6. That being said if they don't win all of the "easy" games, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs .

The Colts are having a bad week so far.

Tyjuan Hagler is out for the season with a ruptured biceps.

Marlin Jackson is out for the season with another ACL tear.

Bob Sanders is going to have surgery on his elbow and is out indefinitely.

Kelvin Hayden has a knee injury and is out around 4 weeks.

Anthony Gonzalez had knee surgery this week and is out at least another 2-3 weeks.

The defensive injuries are the scariest as the Colts are carrying a very thin secondary into the next 4 games against some very good QB's (Schaub twice, Brady, and Flacco).

We have 3 "should" be wins.... @ TB, @ DET and vs. Seattle. that brings them to 7-3

We have 1 "mark it as a loss right now"..... @ PITT. that brings them to 7-4. (And I know that's not the order of games)

Week 10 and 11 are two big games. vs. DAL and vs. SF. Not only are they home for GB but they are NFC games, which are huge for the tie breaker. If they can beat both Dallas and SF all they need to do is win 1 of Balt, Chi and ARZ to finish 10-6. That being said if they don't win all of the "easy" games, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs .

You're being too modest with those 3 easy ones. Those are 3 "cannot possibly lose or else hell freezes over" games. Packers should make each of those teams look like college-level opponents.