Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Community Moderator
Posted
46 minutes ago, gflore34 said:

Think the Bears will eat the financial losses and cut Gordon today?

No.  There's nothing to gain.

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old-Timey Member
Posted
2 hours ago, gflore34 said:

Think the Bears will eat the financial losses and cut Gordon today?

No. 

I hope they get something out of him this year 

Old-Timey Member
Posted

Trading Dexter when you already have a totally barren defensive line group is one of those “this is so crazy its GOTTA work” plans.

I am continuously flummoxed with what Dennis Allen wants out of his defensive linemen. Too bad Dexter couldn’t work here. 

I consider anything above “disaster” with this defense to be a big win. 

Community Moderator
Posted
5 hours ago, BigSlick said:

Trading Dexter when you already have a totally barren defensive line group is one of those “this is so crazy its GOTTA work” plans.

I am continuously flummoxed with what Dennis Allen wants out of his defensive linemen. Too bad Dexter couldn’t work here. 

I consider anything above “disaster” with this defense to be a big win. 

Trading Dexter was because they weren't gonna sign him to a contract extension anyway.  They got nickel help and a draft pick.  It also helps that Van Den Berg is looking more than solid.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
3 hours ago, Banedon said:

 

At this point they're doing him a disservice to keep reporting that he's dealing with some nebulous 'soft tissue' problem, because it really looks like he's malingering. I'm not going to assume he is, but the coaching staff isn't doing him any favors with how they've referred to him obliquely. 

Old-Timey Member
Posted
5 hours ago, Banedon said:

Noteable cuts so far:

Jedrick Wills

Kiran Amegadjie

Salvon Ahmed

No huge surprises here. Amegadjie was a complete bust who never looked NFL competent, Wills was a guy they took a flyer who had a 1st round pedigree and doesn't look like he has the physical prowess anymore after a devastating injury.

Ahmed I'm slightly surprised by because he honestly looked more promising to me in the preseason work than Roschon Johnson, and they really gave them both quite a lot of reps. I gotta assume they feel like they need Roschon on special teams because he really doesn't give you much as a running back. 

Old-Timey Member
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

At this point they're doing him a disservice to keep reporting that he's dealing with some nebulous 'soft tissue' problem, because it really looks like he's malingering. I'm not going to assume he is, but the coaching staff isn't doing him any favors with how they've referred to him obliquely. 

What "soft tissue" problem not calling for surgery can be so crippling?  Just WTF is going on?

Edited by gflore34
Posted
11 minutes ago, We Got The Whole 9 said:

Thoughts on Jayden Loving? Clay Harbor loves the guy and he had a 9.93 RAS. He and JVDB (10.0) are certainly not lacking explosive athleticism. What can we expect this year?

Normal caveats about preseason apply, but I thought he looked good against the titans.

Posted (edited)

The fact that they cut Lynch (who I thought looked decent in the preseason) after trading Dexter shows they feel better about these younger guys.  I REALLY like what I've seen from Loving and especially JVDB so far.  JVDB's college highlights really popped, the athleticism just jumped off the screen.  Glad to see it looks to be translating.  

I'm good with what they're doing; I just wish Coby didn't get hurt as our defensive backfield is bereft of experience.  

 

Edited by The_Achiever
clarify point
Community Moderator
Posted

I think the Bears defense hate has grown too strong.  And I understand all the reasons why.  But I'm going to put this out here for my own potential future embarrassment. 

I think the Bears are going to be middle of the pack defensively.

  • Like 6
Posted
1 hour ago, Banedon said:

I think the Bears defense hate has grown too strong.  And I understand all the reasons why.  But I'm going to put this out here for my own potential future embarrassment. 

I think the Bears are going to be middle of the pack defensively.

So top 21? I’ll take the under 

Community Moderator
Posted
6 minutes ago, jersey cubs fan said:

So top 21? I’ll take the under 

And I completely understand that.  I think most people will agree.

Old-Timey Member
Posted

I think it’s entirely possible any unit in the NFL can play up to a middle level competency status. There’s so much variance and so few games almost anything’s possible. 
 

Plus you have one all pro player (Jaylon Johnson) and one very solid DE. It would only take some above average expectations from a few key guys for the defense to be decent. I just wouldn’t bet on it. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...