Bartman Documentary Coming to ESPN

daske17

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guests
I'm not a person who bashes on ESPN and generally like their programming, so take that into account here.

I'm very interested to see this. While I don't think he's the person to blame for the Cubs losing that game, I think he definitely interfered with that play. I don't think it would've been that much of a stretch to say Alou could've made the play. It looked to me like Bartman, along with the four or five other people in his area were definitely hanging over the railing when he hit the ball. That being said, the team shouldn't have completely lost their composure and sucked it up and finished off inning, and subsequently the game.

I think this could turn out to be a very interesting documentary. They're having a world class director make this film, not some intern in the truck getting his "big shot" with the network.

I think people should just watch, take it for what it is, and go from there as to whether or not it's beating a dead horse.

Even if Bartman doesn't attempt to catch the ball, it was a difficult catch and there's no guarantee Alou comes down with it. He may have caught it, but if you look at the tape is glove is just above the top of the wall. He could have hit the wall on the way down and the ball could have been knocked loose.

Alex Gonzalez booting an easy DP ball bears 10,000 times more blame than Bartman.

Exactly. I watched Moises Alou purposely kick a ball into the ivy to try to give the appearance that it was lost in the ivy from the start. If he just bends his lazy ass over and picks up the ball, he holds the guy to a double. Instead, the hitter circles the bases for an inside the park home run. Not only was he lazy, but he was caught cheating. He's a lazy bastard that was getting his 11m whether he made that catch or not.

Alou wasn't mad that he didn't make the play. He was attempting to cheat once again by pretending like he had even a remote opportunity of going over the wall to make that catch when he probably would have realistically gave up about a foot or two before the ball hit his glove. He was trying to con the umpires into believing he was going to catch that ball. I'm not buying his act, and neither did the umpires who were standing right on the line of where the ball was coming down.

The ball wasn't even in play. Let's do a documentary on the balls that were in play that didn't get fielded cleanly. That's why the Cubs lost, not some mysterious fan in the crowd. I watched that video quite a few times. Bartman wasn't the only person trying to catch that ball. Several people were. And that's because it was in foul territory and at a place where the wall is pretty high.

If it wasn't Bartman, it might have ended up being someone else, but most certainly not Moises "Pee Hands" Alou.

I'm not a person who bashes on ESPN and generally like their programming, so take that into account here.

I'm very interested to see this. While I don't think he's the person to blame for the Cubs losing that game, I think he definitely interfered with that play. I don't think it would've been that much of a stretch to say Alou could've made the play. It looked to me like Bartman, along with the four or five other people in his area were definitely hanging over the railing when he hit the ball. That being said, the team shouldn't have completely lost their composure and sucked it up and finished off inning, and subsequently the game.

I think this could turn out to be a very interesting documentary. They're having a world class director make this film, not some intern in the truck getting his "big shot" with the network.

I think people should just watch, take it for what it is, and go from there as to whether or not it's beating a dead horse.

Even if Bartman doesn't attempt to catch the ball, it was a difficult catch and there's no guarantee Alou comes down with it. He may have caught it, but if you look at the tape is glove is just above the top of the wall. He could have hit the wall on the way down and the ball could have been knocked loose.

Alex Gonzalez booting an easy DP ball bears 10,000 times more blame than Bartman.

Exactly. I watched Moises Alou purposely kick a ball into the ivy to try to give the appearance that it was lost in the ivy from the start. If he just bends his lazy ass over and picks up the ball, he holds the guy to a double. Instead, the hitter circles the bases for an inside the park home run. Not only was he lazy, but he was caught cheating. He's a lazy bastard that was getting his 11m whether he made that catch or not.

Alou wasn't mad that he didn't make the play. He was attempting to cheat once again by pretending like he had even a remote opportunity of going over the wall to make that catch when he probably would have realistically gave up about a foot or two before the ball hit his glove. He was trying to con the umpires into believing he was going to catch that ball. I'm not buying his act, and neither did the umpires who were standing right on the line of where the ball was coming down.

The ball wasn't even in play. Let's do a documentary on the balls that were in play that didn't get fielded cleanly. That's why the Cubs lost, not some mysterious fan in the crowd. I watched that video quite a few times. Bartman wasn't the only person trying to catch that ball. Several people were. And that's because it was in foul territory and at a place where the wall is pretty high.

If it wasn't Bartman, it might have ended up being someone else, but most certainly not Moises "Pee Hands" Alou.

hahahahahaha

Alou murdered Tim's dog and he doesn't believe half the crazy [expletive] BBB just posted.

wait, you mean bbb's post was serious? i thought he was mocking cubsclippersfan or whatever his name was.

I've said this since the day the "bartman ball" happened.

Are we truly to believe that a decrepid left fielder, who would rather kick a ball into the ivy to hide it rather than reach down and pick the damn thing up, would have actually made this web gem grab in the left field bleachers?

yea

to be fair, he probably would have caught it. the replay very clearly showed the glove right under where bartman touched the ball. it would have gone right into his glove.

Alou wouldn't have made that catch. It would have been the most athletic thing he'd pulled off in 10 years at the time.

I suppose it would be easier if I believed that.

I don't. He had it.

yeah, he did all the hard stuff. he was there, he times his jump perfectly, the ball was going right into his glove.

seriously? he had no chance of making the play?

http://rcf.renewalchurch.org/cutenews/data/upimages/bartman.jpg

how can you poissibly say that? it would have at the very least hit his glove. he was in perfect piosition. all that stuff that you say he couldn't possibly do because he was a horrible defender.... well, he did it. he jumped high enough. he timed his jump. he had his glove positioned perfectly.

i'm not blaming bartman and i couldnt care less about him, but let's be honest. that ball was going right into his glove.

ESPN needs to do a documentary on Alex Gonzalez since he's the reason the flood gates were allowed to open when he botched that possible DP ball. It was a sure one out.

That play still pisses me off to this day. :evil:

Old-Timey Member
It occurs to me in this debate what a freaking amazing piece of Cubs history Moises Alou would've entered if that ball had in fact gone into his glove. It would've been a fantastic play and presumably the Cubs win the game if he makes that catch. Instead, all he is is a whiny guy who urinates on his hands and had a pretty damn good 2004 season at the plate.

Unfortunately "Bartman" is not going away until the Cubs win the World Series. ESPN seems to think that Cubs fans hate Bartman for his role, when in reality most actually have pity towards the young man.

Jeffrey Meier cheats in a game (trying to catch a baseball that was still in play) between NY and Baltimore is treated like royalty in NY and through ESPN, yet Bartman going for a FOUL BALL and is hounded merciless by ESPN. I don't know why the Yankees needed to create the "YES Network" cause they already had a netowrk call ESPN.

you know, the casual cub fan may not remember the alex gonzalez error in that inning. myself, however, being probably the best cubs fan ever, knows that was the real reason the cubs lot.

now excuse me while i go eat my pregame taco bell (no lettuce).

I still think he would have caught it but it's hard to say for sure. It didn't lose us the game as that was only a foul ball and Gonzalez dropped the double play ball. There also was a game 7 that we blew a lead in.

I wish the Bartman thing would end too because it's really stupid and I get tired of hearing about 2003 and when we win the World Series he should be honored for all the crap he's been put through.

you know, the casual cub fan may not remember the alex gonzalez error in that inning. myself, however, being probably the best cubs fan ever, knows that was the real reason the cubs lot.

actually, it's because dusty baker didn't visit the mound to calm prior down after alou tried to cheat. only the hardcore cubs fans like myself know that.

actually, it's because dusty baker didn't visit the mound to calm prior down after alou tried to cheat. only the hardcore cubs fans like myself know that.

The correct answer is Mark Prior throwing 116 pitches with a 10-run lead after his arm had been flogged down the stretch in game 2.

If I'd posted that in all lower-case and a sarcastic tone, I would have gotten triple Cubfancoolpoints, but I'm not sure I could pull it off.

Enough with the arguing.

It's not Bartman's fault - Alou probably would have caught the ball but AGonz also should have made the DP. Furthermore, the Cubs should be able to get out of a 1st and 2nd 1 out situation without giving up 8 runs anyway.

It just wasn't to be I guess.

Guests
Alou wouldn't have made that catch. It would have been the most athletic thing he'd pulled off in 10 years at the time.

I suppose it would be easier if I believed that.

I don't. He had it.

yeah, he did all the hard stuff. he was there, he times his jump perfectly, the ball was going right into his glove.

And how many times did Alou have a ball going right into his glove in the central part of left field and he still didn't make the catch? The guy was a horrible fielder. The only thing I remember Alou doing better than dropping outfield fly balls was check swing grounders to the 3b. He'd be in the HOF for check swing grounders if that was a qualifying metric.