Jump to content
North Side Baseball
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
2 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Texans 0-4, one of the preseason favorites is looing very unlikely to make the playoffs now.

Never trust an Ohio State QB

Posted
1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

So, I think Bryce Young might be good. I have no idea why it took so long, but he sure looks the part now.

Other than maybe the playoff game in January, that's easily the best I've ever seen him look. That sideline throw to McMillan on 3rd and 14 was Hall of Fame horsefeathers.

New play caller deserves a lot of credit, this looks like a completely different offense. 

  • Like 1
Posted

From where I was sitting, the game plan was to get quick plays off to avoid the Hutch pressure, and it worked like a charm. Young looks exceptional when running a quick offense, whereas when he drops back and lets plays develop, he doesn't seem to be able to see over the line and misses the timing of hitting his receivers. My Carolina friends have been out on Young since year one, but I'd bet they are starting to rethink his value now.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, BigbadB said:

From where I was sitting, the game plan was to get quick plays off to avoid the Hutch pressure, and it worked like a charm. Young looks exceptional when running a quick offense, whereas when he drops back and lets plays develop, he doesn't seem to be able to see over the line and misses the timing of hitting his receivers. My Carolina friends have been out on Young since year one, but I'd bet they are starting to rethink his value now.

Yes I think it’s time to consider the progress he has made. He could be the guy for them. I would never have pegged that a couple years ago.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Soul said:

Yes I think it’s time to consider the progress he has made. He could be the guy for them. I would never have pegged that a couple years ago.

I was impressed with Young as well, as was said above the key or what works best is the quick offense.  It seems to have a neutralizing effect on his lack of height.  It was also great to see him have a big game against another team, that team being the Lions made it even better.  Now, I'm under no delusions of Bears defense being good however, Young putting up big numbers maybe, helps in the thought the Bears aren't Cubs' bullpen bad on defense.

Posted

Josh Allen is great, sometimes though, he takes some unnecessary risks, that was a very poor decision and throw at the end of the game.  Don't remember, maybe. down and distance required such a risk.

Posted
7 minutes ago, PackLandVA said:

Bryce Young had a pile of sh!t on offense his first few seasons.  The development of Chuba and getting TMac at WR1 are really big reasons for his progression.

That Coker dude isn't bad either, they've some decent TE's as well.

Posted
3 hours ago, gflore34 said:

Josh Allen is great, sometimes though, he takes some unnecessary risks, that was a very poor decision and throw at the end of the game.  Don't remember, maybe. down and distance required such a risk.

They only needed 3 to tie, so throwing into triple coverage was unnecessary risk

Posted
31 minutes ago, 17 Seconds said:

is penix possibly good?

Irrelevant ...

five major season-ending injuries. 

2018 (Indiana University) — Right ACL Tear

2019 (Indiana University) — Sternoclavicular Joint Injury

2020 (Indiana University) — Second Right ACL Tear

2021 (Indiana University) — Left Shoulder AC Joint Separation

2025 (Atlanta Falcons) — Left ACL Tear & Bone Bruise

Old-Timey Member
Posted

Bijan Robinson is a bad, bad man. And what looked like a potentially easy matchup for the Bears has turned into a much tougher game.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Soul said:

... a potentially easy matchup for the Bears has turned into a much tougher game.

In addition, their defense is leading the league giving up only 48.3 rush yards a game. Perhaps that is exaggerated by who they have played, but still ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...