Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted
2 minutes ago, Stratos said:

All we have are Boyd clones lol.

It's a rotation full of #3 starters. It's really just a coin flip on who will be good or not on any given day.

  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Just now, ILMindState said:

2008 vs Dodgers and 2018 vs Rockies were the most pathetic off the top of my head but this has potential to be worse than 2018. 2008 the expectations were so high so it will be tough to beat that.

2018 Rockies game was the ultimate blue balls cubs playoff game. Just tease after tease. 
 

  • Like 1
Posted
6 minutes ago, mk49 said:

Yeah, Peterson or Shota, but Shota pitched 1 inning on Sunday, so I want Peterson.  

If there’s no marine layer tomorrow I want nothing to do with Shota. I’d be ok with Peterson but despite his recent issues Holmes has the highest ceiling to give us a 6IP, 0 ER performance

Posted

While I want the Cubs to win as badly as anyone, I'm surprisingly not as pissed off as I'd normally be.   Maybe because what has happened thus far isn't surprising given the last month of the season.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, cl smooth said:

2018 Rockies game was the ultimate blue balls cubs playoff game. Just tease after tease. 
 

I was at that game and remember being furious that Gore didn't try to sell being hit by a pitch with the bases loaded. 

Posted

Going to be hilarious when they stretch out King too far to try to get a no hitter and then he doesn’t have his best stuff and gets lit up by the Brewers. Double whammy

Posted
3 minutes ago, UMFan83 said:

Don’t the Padres want their most reliable starter to be fresh for the NLDS?

That's what I'm saying. A no hitter would be sexy and all but isn't going to help you get past Milwaukee. They should take him out after this inning and keep him fresh.

Posted
2 minutes ago, ILMindState said:

That's what I'm saying. A no hitter would be sexy and all but isn't going to help you get past Milwaukee. They should take him out after this inning and keep him fresh.

King can pitch game 2 and 5 on normal rest. 

Posted
1 minute ago, cl smooth said:

2018 Rockies game was the ultimate blue balls cubs playoff game. Just tease after tease. 
 

98 vs the Braves we scored 4 runs in 3 games after missing the playoffs for a decade. That was brutal. 07 and 08 were littered with them. 15 and 17 NLCS had some disappearing acts. 2020 vs Marlins we scored once in 2 games. 

 

These games are the worst. 

Posted

This is the 60th Cubs playoff game I’ve watched in my life (dont really remember 89 so 98 is when I started). I think this is the worst of them all

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...