North Side Baseball

Chicago Bears Offseason Thread (the tank must payoff)

jersey cubs fan

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I much preferred it being the Baltimore pick, particularly given the upcoming FA list, I'm more than OK with a bit of an overpay (and re-allocating resources toward offense) for a guy whose profile fits Justin well and who is still very young.

Maybe we can get lucky and have the Ravens stumble around a bit. NFL can be nuts.

While I much preferred it being the Baltimore pick, particularly given the upcoming FA list, I'm more than OK with a bit of an overpay (and re-allocating resources toward offense) for a guy whose profile fits Justin well and who is still very young.

Maybe we can get lucky and have the Ravens stumble around a bit. NFL can be nuts.

there's some value to locking in your big WR move right now. You get him in now, he learns the system and develops rapport with Fields. And now in the offseason you don't *have* to use a 1st on a WR, though you can, and you don't have to worry about the thin WR market as much.

Dunno if it’s an overpay or not but I dig how willing this admin is to mix it up and be bold.

Very interested to see how Fields and him gel. Mooney has been great and dependable but I don’t think has the tools to ever be a 1, but can be a great 2 receiver.

It's kind of crazy though. Claypool was the 49th overall pick in 2020. He's been good but hasn't become a star (though has the ability to become one) and he's 1.5 years from FA. How often do you see someone in a situation like that traded for a better pick than the one used to select them? Definitely a win-win deal for both sides. Steelers have to be thrilled.

May be a slight overpay, but he has the tools to be a guy. He also had Big Ben’s corpse, Mitch and Picketts throwing to him his whole career. As mentioned with the weak WR FA market seems like a decent move and doesn’t box you in to forcing some draft pick/FA/other trade (where maybe you have to give up more given the WR market) in the offseason. Like I’d rather give up a second for him than a first for Jeudy or Higgins (just two of the guys that seem to be rumored to be moved). Edited by Cubswin11

May be a slight overpay, but he has the tools to be a guy. He also had Big Ben’s corpse, Mitch and Picketts throwing to him his whole career.

I think this is an underrated consideration. If Fields can dial up some good deep balls - which I do think is still a strength of his - Claypool has the size and speed to make plays. Those 3 QBs in Pittsburgh (considering Ben's late-career limitations) don't have nearly the tools that Fields has

May be a slight overpay, but he has the tools to be a guy. He also had Big Ben’s corpse, Mitch and Picketts throwing to him his whole career. As mentioned with the weak WR FA market seems like a decent move and doesn’t box you in to forcing some draft pick/FA/other trade (where maybe you have to give up more given the WR market) in the offseason. Like I’d rather give up a second for him than a first for Jeudy or Higgins (just two of the guys that seem to be rumored to be moved).

Definitely an overpay, and really not slight either.

But I'll take thr past 24 hours 10 times out 10 for where the Bears are and need to be. It's a lot, but better than sitting still would have been.

Excited to watch the back 9 games now that Fields has another solid weapon. Line still suspect, but I think options open up.

• jersey cubs fan changed the title to Chicago Bears Offseason Thread (the tank must payoff)