Jump to content
North Side Baseball
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
1 hour ago, Rcal10 said:

I find that not living in Chicago any longer, my Sox hatred has lessened. I do agree Antonnaci and Pham are doughbags. But not like the teams with Ozzie, Don Cooper, Williams, and Hawk Harrelson. Those teams only cared about cutting the Cubs down. They had a fan base just like them. At least now, Antonnaci and Pham are doughbags to the entire league. Not just the Cubs. Also, I had no idea either Montgomery was a doughbag. Maybe I would agree if I lived in Chicago. 

Gonna go hard on "doughbags" from now on. 

  • Haha 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Rcal10 said:

I find that not living in Chicago any longer, my Sox hatred has lessened. I do agree Antonnaci and Pham are doughbags. But not like the teams with Ozzie, Don Cooper, Williams, and Hawk Harrelson. Those teams only cared about cutting the Cubs down. They had a fan base just like them. At least now, Antonnaci and Pham are doughbags to the entire league. Not just the Cubs. Also, I had no idea either Montgomery was a doughbag. Maybe I would agree if I lived in Chicago. 

Gonna go hard on "doughbags" from now on. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

Did you forget Antonacci exists?

He and Pham are afterthoughts to me. It's not like the days of Lance Lynn, TLR, AJ Pierzynski, Ozzie, Hawks, etc., where there were some truly loathsome guys who were constantly up front and center. It's nice turning on The Score and not having to listen to people guffaw over Ozzie's latest presser, ya know?

Posted
13 minutes ago, Outshined_One said:

He and Pham are afterthoughts to me. It's not like the days of Lance Lynn, TLR, AJ Pierzynski, Ozzie, Hawks, etc., where there were some truly loathsome guys who were constantly up front and center. It's nice turning on The Score and not having to listen to people guffaw over Ozzie's latest presser, ya know?

I remember Ozzie over the years was trying to get the Cubs job despite the fact that he hates Wrigley Field. I do not know how I would handle Guillen as manager of the Cubs, and thank goodness we never had to find out. 

I

 

Posted
Just now, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

Not looking good for the Phillies. Sanchez threw 116 and predictablely lost it at the end

Harper misplayed an easy fly ball into a double, pretty bad.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

Oh, I didn't realize that. Was only following on gameday

Me to, there's a video.  While no video they somehow played a SAC bunt into a non-out.

Edited by gflore34
Posted
Just now, gflore34 said:

Braves' bullpen pulling a Cubs proceeds to give up back to back bombs allowing the Phillies to tie the game.

That's just Thielbar in a Braves jersey 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Old-Timey Member
Posted
17 minutes ago, cl smooth said:

 

I saw a video asking MLB players which stats were the most overrated and Bryce Harper said all the fielding metrics 😂

Posted

Absolutely sucks the White Sox get to play a playoff team in name only whereas, the Cubs face a legitimate playoff team.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, gflore34 said:

Absolutely sucks the White Sox get to play a playoff team in name only whereas, the Cubs face a legitimate playoff team.

If the cubs acted like a playoff team the last month or so, we wouldn’t be having that conversation.

Edited by cl smooth

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...