Jump to content
North Side Baseball
  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
3 minutes ago, UMFan83 said:

This is the 60th Cubs playoff game I’ve watched in my life (dont really remember 89 so 98 is when I started). I think this is the worst of them all

It reminds me of the Brewers series in the middle of last season in Milwaukee when Boyd got smoked and everything went to hell.  I believe the Brewers also smoked him the first game he pitched in the NLDS, then he somehow pitched fine in his 2nd start.

Posted
1 minute ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

you don't remember Ted Lilly giving up a HR to Chris Young and chucking his glove?

All I remember from those series:

-Zambrano pulled early to “save” for Game 5

-Theriot IF single for RBI

-Reynolds HR

-GEOVANY SOTO

-Ted Lilly thrown glove

-Chris Young first pitch HR

-DeRosa GIDP with the bases loaded 0 outs

-DeRosa 2 run HR into the RF corner

-Loney Grand Slam

-Every Cubs IF having an error in the first 3 innings

-Soriano striking out to end the series

Posted
7 minutes ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

you don't remember Ted Lilly giving up a HR to Chris Young and chucking his glove?

It sounds vaguely familiar.  I'd have to see the replay.

Posted

So... Peterson tomorrow?

-Gausman threw out of the pen today before the game so he's out.
-Holmes has given up 20 runs in his last four starts
-Shota pitching after watching what they did to Boyd inspires no confidence

Posted
18 minutes ago, Tangled Up in Plaid said:

I used to have that gif saved but it got lost. Might be on youtube

I found it, I vaguely remember that, I haven't thought about that play in almost 20 years lol

Posted
3 minutes ago, soccer10k said:

So... Peterson tomorrow?

-Gausman threw out of the pen today before the game so he's out.
-Holmes has given up 20 runs in his last four starts
-Shota pitching after watching what they did to Boyd inspires no confidence

Shota has been pretty good though.  And getting a lot more groundballs.  Peterson also gets grounders.  I'd be fine with either, but id lean Peterson because Shota could potentially implode with the HR ball.

  • Love 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...