North Side Baseball

NFL Week 1 (Sept. 10th-14th)

ELCABALLO45

I know im a "day" early, but I wanted to get this thing kicked off. Its football time and its time to forget about the baseball season. I can't wait, I love the first couple weeks with alot of early games being on.

Lets play some football.

Welcome to the 2009-2010 edition of the NFL.

Thursday Sept. 10th

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh - 7:30pm CDT

Sunday Sept. 13th

Noon Games

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

Detriot @ New Orleans

Philadelphia @ Carolina

Dallas @ Tampa Bay

New York Jets @ Houston

Kansas City @ Baltimore

Denver @ Cincinnati

Minnesota @ Cleveland

Miami @ Atlanta

3 O'Clock Games

Washington @ New York Giants

San Francisco @ Arizona

Seattle @ St. Louis

Sunday Night Football (7:20pm)

Chicago @ Green Bay

Monday Night Football (Sept 14th)

Buffalo @ New England - 6pm

San Diego @ Oakland - 9:15pm

Here are the broadcasting maps, they will update around Wednesday this week

http://the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills just fired their offensive coordinator according to ESPN.

That would be the third this preseason? That has to be unprecedented. Runaway egotism or willingness to admit a mistake?

I think it's ego in the case of Haley. Or just a bad fit with a holdover.

Unless it's just a smear campaign, Morris just made a big mistake and they were willing to admit it.

Jauron is on the hot seat this year and knows it. I'm guessing he's panicking a little or it was a move ordered from above.

That would be the third this preseason? That has to be unprecedented. Runaway egotism or willingness to admit a mistake?

I think it's ego in the case of Haley. Or just a bad fit with a holdover.

Unless it's just a smear campaign, Morris just made a big mistake and they were willing to admit it.

Jauron is on the hot seat this year and knows it. I'm guessing he's panicking a little or it was a move ordered from above.

Jauron didn't want another Shoop situation I guess.

I think the two subsequent teams saw the Chiefs make the move first and they knew it wasn't going to be something that would make them a news story by also making the firing. They might have not done it in years past, because of the uniqueness of the moves.

I think there should be an early and a late game every Monday night. I don't know why they limit that format to just opening weekend.

Probably because you can only do that with 2 west coast teams and nobody really watches it anyway.

There are five West Coast teams, not two.

That being said, you're right because that's still not enough teams to host a 7 p.m. PT Monday Night game every week. Each team would have three MNF games with two of the five having four.

I think there should be an early and a late game every Monday night. I don't know why they limit that format to just opening weekend.

Probably because you can only do that with 2 west coast teams and nobody really watches it anyway.

That being said, you're right because that's still not enough teams to host a 7 p.m. PT Monday Night game every week. Each team would have three MNF games with two of the five having four.

A game with 5 west coast teams would be kinda weird. And crowded.

A game with 5 west coast teams would be kinda weird. And crowded.

Heh, I guess I inserted "the" in between with and 2 in goony's post when I read it.

The second point still stands, it just wouldn't work every week.

Wish I would get the Falcons game here, but I really doubt it.
I think it will be shown in the area. It looks like the most likely CBS game (since the Panthers are on Fox). None of the 4:00 games are on CBS, so it has to be a 1:00 game shown, and that looks like the one which would have the most local interest. The only other possibility I see would be Jacksonville at Indianapolis.

Wish I would get the Falcons game here, but I really doubt it.
I think it will be shown in the area. It looks like the most likely CBS game (since the Panthers are on Fox). None of the 4:00 games are on CBS, so it has to be a 1:00 game shown, and that looks like the one which would have the most local interest. The only other possibility I see would be Jacksonville at Indianapolis.

I'm getting the ATL game here in Greenville. I'm assuming the Raleigh area will receive the game as well.

At least Vick won't beat us.

We will still lose.

I don't know if we're just a bunch of negative nancies or what, but I don't know if any fan base has ever been so down on a team that went 12-4 the year before. I just don't think Carolina has it. Major 2008/2009 Cubs parallels being drawn for me with last year's and this year's Panthers teams.