Jump to content
North Side Baseball
Posted

Cleveland is now alone in first place in the AFC North. They have wins against the Panthers, Falcons and Steelers.

I would say they'll get a reality check when the tough part of their schedule kicks in, but...I think they already played their toughest game week 1 against Jacksonville. Their next 6 games are against the Jets, Ravens, Titans, Steelers again, Saints, and Texans.

Their entire schedule consists of their 6 division games, 4 games against the AFC South (which, they already played the Jags), the NFC South, and cross divisional games against the Jets, Raiders, and Giants.

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, jumbo said:

Go on.....

Al Michaels: "If you follow football, you know the story ... we don't have to go through the whole Deshaun Watson thing."

Kirk Herbstreit: "When you convert on 3rd downs, you hit passes, you lead this team to victories, those boos turn into cheers."

 

he also characterized Cleveland's penalty issues as "Browns on Browns crime"

Posted

Through 3 weeks, the NFL has been a bit of a cluster with some bizarre outcomes. Here's how I feel the teams are grouped so far:

1. Great teams that have played great - San Francisco, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Kansas City, Seattle

2. Good teams that have played well aside from one or two hiccups - Chicago, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Denver, Philly

3. Teams that have overachieved that I'm not sure are actually good - Minnesota, Las Vegas, Cleveland

4. Teams that have underachieved that I still think are actually good - LA Rams, Dallas

5. Middling teams, middling results - Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Carolina

6. Feisty bad teams - NY Jets, Indianapolis, Washington, New Orleans

7. Teams that were supposed to be good that I think are just actually really bad - Houston, New England, Green Bay, Tampa Bay

8. Teams that a good team should have no excuse to lose to - Arizona, Atlanta, Tennesee, LA Chargers, Miami

  • Like 1
Posted

It would be very funny if the Browns got good right after trading Myles Garrett. I don't think they will because i think DeShaun Watson is, still, very bad. I don't care what it looks like now. He's very bad. 

 

Posted
1 hour ago, 17 Seconds said:

hes a big phony who claims to be "down the middle" despite it being clear who and what he supports

My FIL said something about how much he likes Herbstreit. I couldn't believe it, he is not my favorite color man by a wide margin. But I might still prefer him to Collinsworth

Old-Timey Member
Posted
On 10/2/2026 at 12:44 PM, jumbo said:

My FIL said something about how much he likes Herbstreit. I couldn't believe it, he is not my favorite color man by a wide margin. But I might still prefer him to Collinsworth

I haven't heard Herbstreit on NFL games so I can't speak to him in that medium, but I liked him a lot more on college games before he became a blatant mouthpiece for whatever opinions ESPN wants him to express (going back at least to when he horsefeathers on Northern Illinois for getting to the Orange Bowl some years ago).

Old-Timey Member
Posted
38 minutes ago, Andy said:

I haven't heard Herbstreit on NFL games so I can't speak to him in that medium, but I liked him a lot more on college games before he became a blatant mouthpiece for whatever opinions ESPN wants him to express (going back at least to when he horsefeathers on Northern Illinois for getting to the Orange Bowl some years ago).

OSU fans basically ran him out of town when he moved to Nashville. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Texans 0-4, one of the preseason favorites is looing very unlikely to make the playoffs now.

I was just going to ask the same question.  Thought many were very high on them.

Edited by gflore34
Posted
Just now, gflore34 said:

I was just going to ask the same question.  Thought may were very high on them.

They were supposed to be one of, if not thee, elite defense in the NFL but they've straight up sucked so far.

Posted (edited)

Monday night Eagles got there asses firmly kicked, today appear to have the game in hand and lose.   Suspect things won't be so pleasant in Eagle-land.*

 

*Wasn't aware they suffered a Cubs level of injuries.

Edited by gflore34
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Why does Justin Herbert suck now? 

Think there's something injury related going on with him?  I don't think you from being a very good young QB to sucking overnight without something.

Edited by gflore34

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...