North Side Baseball

Game Thread Sign-ups: March-April 2023

We'll start a queue for game threads. First person to claim Opening Day gets it. Everyone after that will go in order.

My understanding - and someone please correct me if I'm missing something - is that a person does the game threads until the Cubs lose. So we'll create a list in order and whoever has the thread that day, I'm PM them that morning as a reminder.

Sound good? So who wants Opening Day?

The current list in order:

@Ding Dong Johnson

@UMFan83

@squally1313

@Bertz

@jersey cubs fan

@soccer10k

@PackLandVA

@spaincubsfan

@Brock Beauchamp

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Administrator
4 hours ago, spaincubsfan said:

I'll do one when it's my turn. Will a table with the date & opposing team be posted?

Doesn't work that way....The game thread starter continues until they lose. 

10 minutes ago, Tim said:

Doesn't work that way....The game thread starter continues until they lose. 

Sorry, poor choice of words. Will there be a list in order of who is next if & when the Cubbies lose? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Old-Timey Member
On 4/8/2023 at 10:24 AM, Brock Beauchamp said:

Bumping this to see if anyone else wants to sign up. Next up after a Cubs loss is @jersey cubs fan.

If no one else signs up, we can just flip the order over and start again.  That's what we usually do.

15 hours ago, Ding Dong Johnson said:

Did we at least make it half way through the rotation before everything went off the rails?

A bit more than halfway! Let's use the off day to get things back on track a bit.

If they're back in town, @PackLandVA is up next. If they're not back yet, @spaincubsfan is next.

And if anyone wants to sign up again, please say so!

Wait, are you thinking that every time we run through the list that we do another sign up from scratch? I was kinda under the impression that it would just loop back around to the top. Would vote for that as an alternative.

Having said that, still admit it's tough to keep track and given people probably don't want like, text messages as reminders, might need to come up with a better system of reminders. Off the top of my head, maybe whoever starts the thread tags the next two people just to bring it back somewhat top of mind? Feel like sometimes I'll just visit during the game and then not be back until the next game starts, which would be bad if it were my turn.

Alternatively, if the Cubs could just rip off a long winning streak again, that would make things easier. So if someone could arrange that, that would be great. 

Old-Timey Member
1 hour ago, squally1313 said:

Off the top of my head, maybe whoever starts the thread tags the next two people just to bring it back somewhat top of mind?

Agreed, this is a good idea.   And yes the game thread list should loop when its gone through the list.  We weren't going to have 70+ people signing up lol

Edited by UMFan83