North Side Baseball

Tampa Bay's Garza pitches no-hitter

Old Style

Old-Timey Member
If I'm not mistaken, we have the longest streak of not being no-hit.

Yep, longest current and longest in history at 44 years, 321 days as of today. Second longest was the Yankees at 44 years, 263 days that ended in 2003.

The Cubs were no-hit twice in two weeks in 1965, the latter of which was on September 9, 1965 by Sandy Koufax, and haven't been no-hit since.

Verified Member

Yep, longest current and longest in history at 44 years, 321 days as of today. Second longest was the Yankees at 44 years, 263 days that ended in 2003.

The Cubs were no-hit twice in two weeks in 1965, the latter of which was on September 9, 1965 by Sandy Koufax, and haven't been no-hit since.

I'll take that over winning the World Series.

Community Moderator

The 1965 Cubs had Ernie, Billy, and Santo in the lineup....but also 5 regulars and their top 3 reserves with OPS's under .735.

Community Moderator

The no-hitter by Koufax was a perfect game (back when that was a special accomplishment). The Cubs' pitcher that day, Bob Hendley, pitched a one-hitter.

Community Moderator
Mets and Padres.
The Cubs have a major role in the Mets not having a no-hitter. In 1969 Tom Seaver had a no-no against the Cubs through 8 1/3 innings, but pinch-hitter Jimmy Qualls got a hit with one out in the 9th.