North Side Baseball

FINAL SCORE (1) Rolling Stones-59 (8) Aerosmith-19

Derwood

FINAL SCORE (1) Rolling Stones-59 (8) Aerosmith-19  

81 members have voted

1. 1. FINAL SCORE (1) Rolling Stones-59 (8) Aerosmith-19

• (1) Rolling Stones
    • (2) Aerosmith

1960's Rolling Stones is some of the best rock music in existence....after that, not so much.

Brown Sugar, Angie, Wild Horses, Angie, Happy, Beast of Burden, She's So Cold, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, You Can't Always Get What You Want, etc.

Those are all post-1960s. I know it's not as much as they might have had during that decade, but that's a hefty amount of good rock hits.

1960's Rolling Stones is some of the best rock music in existence....after that, not so much.

Brown Sugar, Angie, Wild Horses, Angie, Happy, Beast of Burden, She's So Cold, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, You Can't Always Get What You Want, etc.

Those are all post-1960s. I know it's not as much as they might have had during that decade, but that's a hefty amount of good rock hits.

Basically, all of Sticky Fingers and all of Exile on Main St make post-60s Stones still really good. There's a lot of crap mixed in, but the hits are still hits.

Basically, all of Sticky Fingers and all of Exile on Main St make post-60s Stones still really good. There's a lot of crap mixed in, but the hits are still hits.

They did get into some absolute garbage in the late 70s, but give them credit for not getting killed off like so many bands did when disco came along.

i should have included a "both bands peril in a fiery bus crash" option

Not even a fiery bus crash could kill Keith Richards at this point.

It better not do, either. I've got designs on shoes made out of the leather that is his face.

For you guys who don't like the Stones I would like to point something out. If it wasnt for the Rolling Stones you would probably be listening to Pop music all day. The Stones smashed thru the door of the overly sugar pop crap that was all that got played on the Radio. Even the Beatles who started before the Stones were influenced by them. They put down the pop and picked up an edgier style after the Stones got big. You may not like them but they are easily the MOST influencial rock-n-roll band ever. If you don't want to believe that ask Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Ozzy Osbourne, Jimi Hendrix or the thousands of rock-n-rollers who came after. The Stones brought the Blues bassed sound to mainstream rock-n-roll, which led to most of the hard rock and heavy metal sounds.

Okay I am off my high horse. By the way I voted for the Stones.

Even the Beatles who started before the Stones were influenced by them. They put down the pop and picked up an edgier style after the Stones got big. You may not like them but they are easily the MOST influencial rock-n-roll band ever.

I think the vast majority of musicologists and critics would disagree with that statement.

The Beatles and Stones influenced each other in several different ways over the years. However, to say that either one directly influenced the other on the whole would be incorrect. They were never similar bands to begin with. Their overall approach, whatever their particular music phase at the time, was different. The Beatles were always the more artistic/pioneer studio musicians, whereas the Stones were more of a live rock'n'roll group with great charisma and live musicianship. The Stones played better concerts, The Beatles made better albums. At least that's how most rock history books i've read make it out to be. The only distinct thing that I can point out where the Beatles were influenced by the Stones would be "Satisfaction" - "Day Tripper". "Day Tripper's" signature guitar click is an attempt at duplicating "Satisfaction's" riff-driven rock song. On the contrary, "Paint it Black" was completely influenced by Brain Jones' association with George Harrison and Harrison's "sitar madness", which was seen on "Love You To" on the "Revolver" LP.

To say that either influenced the other in any large sense would be an incorrect statement for someone to make, in my opinion. They were both great bands who were pioneering their own distinct fields, and were great friends along the way. In fact, as i've mentioned before, the Stones' first no.1 single "I Wanna be Your Man" was a song written by Lennon/McCartney as a gift specifically for the Stones who were struggling at the time to get a recording contract.

'Smith would have done much better here if they had stayed gone.

Comebacks aren't always the greatest thing...

But hey who am I to judge? Tyler & Perry made a buttload of money coming up with pale imitations of their good songs.