Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I would even go so far as to say that I'm not even cataclysmically worried about spending money on FA in general, with rare exceptions it's a bunch of post-prime guys wanting really long commitments. But at the same time, one of the main assets you have for improving the team quickly is money, and you have to get pretty creative to use that money if you're not spending a big chunk of it in FA(whether that's 30M for 1 guy or 10M for 3). I'm all for creativity, but it's a narrow needle to thread when you don't know what the rules/motivations/timelines are going to be coming out of the CBA. Exactly. Like I'm not asking for Correa, Freeman, and Scherzer. But on the flip side doing say Galvis, Moreland, and Kikuchi instead doesn't actually accomplish anything unless you hit HUGE on one of them a la the Jays with Robbie Ray last year. And like you pointed out a few weeks back there aren't actually many bad contracts to take on and buy prospects. There's like Pat Corbin, Madison Bumgarner, and Eric Hosmer? Like, Jed's gotta do something so that we're not just sitting in the same place next year plus Davis minus Contreras. My ideal is/was a Gray or better SP and one of the big SS's, but I'm open to alternatives as long as they actually move the ball forward. I never thought it was reasonable to be truly competitive in 2022, but I did think it was completely reasonable to start adding pieces so that they can be competitive as early as 2023. At this point, I don't think even that is going to happen. I'd guess it's going to be more like 2012-2014 where they add rehab projects on one or two year deals with the hope of dealing them at the deadline.
  2. I like to pretend that the source knew the reporter was a racist dick and set him up to make him look like an ass in front of a wide audience.
  3. ^ Yep, all the more reason to not see Gray (or Lorenzen) as a huge miss. He’s signed with like the hope maybe expectation he’ll just get better because Coors, kinda young, pretty healthy, productive, and especially today those aren’t great reasons to sign a FA SP to a 4 year deal. Those are the same basic ingredients that got Edwin Jackson down to the weak but hard fastballs and lack of impact secondaries I’ll get annoyed when Scherzer/Stroman, maybe Rodon, and Bryant are elsewhere Start getting annoyed than because Scherzer to the Mets is looking highly likely.
  4. Well at this point, they might as well go all in on the #1 pick because anything short of a miracle isn't putting a competitive team on the field
  5. Avisail Garcia to Miami 4/53
  6. Along with Erod, the guys I wanted the most amongst the realistic targets.
  7. Zero expectations, beyond expecting them to claim they went after various FAs, but then fill the roster with 3rd tier players and players who were good 5 years ago.
  8. Fox post game trying to make it sound like Dalton's performance today opened up a QB controversy. The guy put up 16 horsefeathering points on the Lions. If they sit Fields based on that performance, then this franchise is even more awful than I thought.
  9. It's actually remarkable how nutless Nagy is.
  10. Fully expecting runs rather than going for the endzone
  11. I knew he didn't have a strong leg, but that would have even been short from 50.
  12. The secondary is laughably awful.
  13. Green Bay grifting another 90M out of their fan base by selling their "stock". The fan base is dumb enough to buy all 300,000 shares just to prove they're die hard supporters.
  14. I like it because you have a guy who could give you ace upside in 2022 without having to give out a 200M long term contract. Even if he busts it's a 1 year deal. I'd prefer that over giving a guy like Rodon a 3 or 4 year deal.
  15. So the Mets lose Thor, may lose Stroman and Degrom is coming off of an arm injury. Some dark times for Met fans.
  16. Unfortunate, this was the guy I really wanted. FIP, xFIP and SIERA all like him quite a bit.
  17. Getting embarrassed on national TV again, what a shock.
  18. KC offense has been awful. I knew they were struggling, but this is like watching the Bears.
  19. It feels so much longer and the world feels completely different now than it did then.
  20. I think the Cubs should be all over Kluber as a solid #3 or #4 if he's willing to sign. You can get him on a 1 year deal, the peripherals were ok last year and he's a piece that you can use if you think you can compete, but then trade him at the deadline if the team is lousy.
  21. Here's to hoping he gets paid
  22. I'd put heavy money that he and Madison Cawthorn would be best friends if they met.
  23. I just don't believe in investing heavily into 30+ year old catchers, so it would have to be something absurdly low like 4/48 for me to feel comfortable.
  24. ERod, Taylor and Kluber are the 3 I reasonably want.
  25. 2 people blocking him and they still let him roll to Fields.
×
×
  • Create New...