Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Hoerner hitting a lot of balls hard. He's actually really interesting if he somehow developed 15-20 hr pop.
  2. Nothing to see here, just Kyle Hendricks sporting an 18 K/9
  3. I'd be willing to bet heavy money that when he signed with the Cubs they tried to make swing changes to unlock that untapped power and apparently screwed him up permanently in doing so.
  4. If espn is to be believed, that was 4 straight strikes thrown to Seiya, with two of them called balls.
  5. Nothing confirmed, but there was a rumor that Paddack's medicals were the reason the Hosmer deal fell through.
  6. Well that's quite the missed opportunity. Paddack would have been a great get.
  7. and yet Cards Talk has a majority of posters in support of Bauer and advocating that the Cardinals pick him up. Shocking, I know.
  8. A lot of rankings already have Brennan Davis and Cristian Hernandez in there. Triantos, PCA and Alcantara have also appeared on a list or two. Figure in guys like Caissie and Preciado I'm not really sure where the argument is.
  9. You're disillusioned about the state of the farm? Is it not a very deep farm with very few high end pieces? This isn't some top 5 system or anything, and if you are a rich team that sucks you better have a high end farm system. Maybe disillusioned is a strong word, but when you have to hang your hat on the farm part of your organization, it should be better that what the Cubs have. The farm isn't currently rated very high, but I'd definitely disagree with lack of upside pieces. The issue is that the vast majority of the really good pieces are either very far away or have very little time in the farm. There's a very real chance that the Cubs could have 5 or 6 top 100 guys come the midseason reports.
  10. Achieving a new level of owner cheapness, MASN, which broadcasts Baltimore and Washington games and is owned by the Angelos family, will not be paying to send their announcers and crew to go to away games. They will instead broadcast from their home parks. The Baltimore radio team will also be staying home during away games.
  11. Another season of not watching baseball. It's kind of amazing how fast the Ricketts managed to kill any interest I have left in this team.
  12. I think most don't have much of a hope anymore, but does this effectively confirm we're out on Correa? Or not really a factor either way? I think we can safely say hope is dead at this point.
  13. Games in Japan are incredibly fun. I went to a game of the Japan Series in Fukuoka back in 2011. It's such a positive atmosphere and no drunken morons ruining things. There's big cheering sections and every player has a walk up song that the cheering sections sing.
  14. One more bat, another mid tier starter and you can almost squint and see a competent team.
  15. With as often as Correa and Nico are off the field I can get behind this signing, if and only if, it's as a back up. If your opening day SS is Simmons, then that means it's probably another season where I watch very few games. I can see this being a pretty good move if Nico is traded or your opening day CFer.
  16. It's been like 3 different coaches, completely different teams, but like clockwork they lose all February long which always include a couple blown 2nd half leads, a Wisconsin loss, and somehow always a loss to a bad Northwestern, Rutgers or Nebraska team. Rutgers is a good squad and honestly I'm pretty nervous with them facing Illinois. No argument on the other two, but Northwestern does seem to at least keep it close the majority of the time.
  17. It's a slightly less egregious Jake Arrieta move. If it's a one year deal then I suppose it doesn't matter because they weren't going to compete in 2022 anyway.
  18. I don't think I'd give up either of those guys for Santander. Yeah, I have zero interest in a guy with a career .290 obp unless he has other elite tools, Santander doesn't.
  19. The franchise is pretty much dead to me at this point. It's kind of amazing how just 10 years ago the Blackhawks were the pride of the NHL and now it should be punted into the sun.
  20. If they beat IU on Saturday, they would be comfortably in the top 10 if not for the Maryland disaster.
  21. I don't think the DC is going to call plays so I think I'd just want a guy who can really coach up the secondary. They can hopefully get some production out of the mountain of mediocre talent, Johnson excluded.
  22. Yeah I think playcalling is one of the more overrated aspects that fans complain about. Like I don't think Nagy's issue was play calling, it was that his philosophies sucked. It doesn't matter what plays you call if you have a crappy playbook that you stink at teaching and doesn't fit what the players are able to execute. Nobody is knocking down the door for an Anthony Lynn offense and he churned out a historic rookie season for Herbert as the playcaller. The credit is rightfully going to the guy that developed Herbert. Probably true. Although with Nagy specifically, he seemed to nail the first drive most often, and then suck after that. It felt like he needed a week to prepare his script of plays and then as soon the other team adjusted he was unable to make adjustments in turn. That's just me being a fan without really knowing what I'm talking about in terms of what was happening under the hood, but that's how it seemed anyway. This is why the Bears were almost historically incompetent in the 3rd quarter over the last few years. Teams would adjust at half time and Nagy was completely and totally incapable of adjusting back himself.
  23. The more I read the more I want Pep Hamilton to be the guy handling Fields. The play calling is up in the air, but he can certainly churn out young QBs that perform.
×
×
  • Create New...