Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. On a recent Simmons podcast, his guest (Cousin Sal Iacono) said the NFL had phased them out, but I have no idea why. It flies in the face of the NFL's mission to run every single day of the sports year. I've read that the Saturday games were not good for ratings so they got phased out. I would guess that NFL games got ratings no matter when they are played, especially when there are 9-11 games being played at noon on Sunday. But they have playoff games in the first 2 rounds on Saturdays. I think the difference is that Saturdays in January are dead zone, while Saturdays in December are littered with shopping trips and holiday parties. I think that a league so determined to sell the lousy Thursday night games could find a way to make more Saturdays work, but the other thing to consider is the whole storyline of making sure all the games matter at the moment they are played. If you had a couple games this Saturday you might make a couple Sunday games irrelevant.
  2. Not being reported by any Texas sites. Actually I think you meant Texans. No, the Texas sites are still reporting on Saban's imminent hiring.
  3. With a shoulder injury, shouldn't Briggs been pretty decently conditioned by getting on the bike every day? I would think so at least. He obviously won't be in peak physical condition, but I would expect him to be in on the majority of plays with the occasional breather on a 8-12 play drive. He said he couldn't run and conditioning is in question.
  4. The defense needs an early turnover, but without bringing it back to the end zone since they will just go right back out there.
  5. http://www.eagledelphia.com/2013/12/lesean-mccoy-i-want-to-carry-this-game-on-my-back-.html#more McCoy has been very vocal about how easy this defense should be to run on. In the old days you might think the Bears would find a way to rally around the slights and shut him down, but the current days are not old.
  6. What the hell for? Because they are going to trade beef Wellington
  7. He said on his show that he had to go through the process...yadda yadda. It was all very optimistic, and he thought he'd play, but officially has to get all the right clearances. I saw it last night and wouldn't say "very optimistic" what *I* heard was pretty cautious.
  8. Pete Carroll should take that Texas job ASAP before the PEDhawks get hit with the lack of institutional control penalty.
  9. http://deadspin.com/the-atlanta-braves-are-about-to-get-teabagged-1485695970 Tea Party to the rescue in Atlanta?
  10. There are a handful of consistently solid relievers, but most of those become overpaid "closers".
  11. http://deadspin.com/americas-olympic-delegation-is-a-calculated-insult-to-1485258608 Apparently we are taking the opportunity to passive aggressively insult Russia at the Olympics. I for one am all for it.
  12. good work chiming in boys.
  13. In all seriousness, what incentive would he have to come here compared to other markets (assuming bidding is similar)? I must've missed the Fukudome mania minus some racist shirts and bandanas. No pressure to win?
  14. NFL Lines For Week 16 - NFL Football Line Week Sixteen NFL Line 12/22 - 12/23, 2013 Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total 12/22 1:00 ET Miami -2.5 At Buffalo 43 12/22 1:00 ET At Carolina -3 New Orleans 46.5 12/22 1:00 ET Dallas -3 At Washington 52.5 12/22 1:00 ET At St. Louis -5.5 Tampa Bay 42.5 12/22 1:00 ET At NY Jets -2 Cleveland 40.5 12/22 1:00 ET At Kansas City -7 Indianapolis 44 12/22 1:00 ET At Cincinnati -7.5 Minnesota 48 12/22 1:00 ET Denver -10.5 At Houston 51.5 12/22 1:00 ET Tennessee -5.5 At Jacksonville 44 12/22 4:05 ET At Seattle -10.5 Arizona 44 12/22 4:05 ET At Detroit -9 NY Giants 12/22 4:25 ET At San Diego -10 Oakland 50.5 12/22 4:25 ET At Green Bay Off Pittsburgh 12/22 4:25 ET At Baltimore -2.5 New England 45 12/22 8:30 ET At Philadelphia -3 Chicago 56 Monday Night Football Line 12/23 8:40 ET At San Francisco -12.5 Atlanta 45
  15. That's how obvious HoFers don't get unanimous votes. I hate that [expletive]. I understand why voters do it, but I think it's stupid. No offense. That's one way they can fail to get unanimous votes, but it can just as easily come from the holier than thou types who only pick 2 or 3 guys and determine they don't want anybody to get a unanimous vote, and/or first ballot. And really, as pointless as HOF debates are, fretting about whether somebody got in unanimously or only with 97% of the vote is an even bigger waste of time. No offense.
  16. so you knew what it meant, asked what it meant anyway, and then got pissy when somebody pointed out you should have been able to tell what it meant?
  17. totally only in America
  18. Please definitively interpret it for me then. I am not as smart as you. Why/how wouldn't there be multiple options? If there aren't multiple options, why wouldn't it still be Bears/Packers if it would be Bears/Packers if there were multiple options? Oh my god you are really trying to prove that you were confused by that simple statement?
  19. What does that mean? Basically, if the Bears don't clinch this week? I don't get your question. It seems pretty clear what that means. I don't get your statement. It seems pretty clear what my question means, especially after I expanded on it with my second question. It's an odd phrasing, at the very least. Why not just say "if the Bears/Packers game has playoff implications?" Because his statement very easy to interpret at first glance.
  20. What does that mean? Basically, if the Bears don't clinch this week? I don't get your question. It seems pretty clear what that means.
  21. What this book presupposes is, maybe you didn't.
  22. Driving to work, listening to the tail end of Mike & Mike and Cowherd started just as I was finishing my drive Why do you listen to Mike & Mike?
  23. Yeah, no way that's true.
×
×
  • Create New...