Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Three turnovers, three touchdowns and a couple turnover on downs.
  2. Why would he go there?
  3. If that does happen, it happened after *two* championships. I'm not exactly going to cry myself to sleep. Plus it's not happening
  4. I would think some of it counts against this year's cap and its spread really thin over the duration of the deal. It also locks up the best Kicker in the league. Not a horrible signing.... Only 1.5 left on this years cap, so not much. It can't spread really thin considering how big of a contract it is. Especially for a kicker.
  5. Too much for Gould.
  6. MIAMI DOLPHINS Miami clinches a playoff spot with: 1) MIA win + BAL loss OR 2) MIA win + SD win
  7. How is that possible? They all have 7 or 8 wins but don't face each other and the tie breakers are different for each individual matchup.
  8. That axiom is true from an offensive standpoint. If you rely on your running game to carry the offensive load you are in trouble. That doesn't mean giving up 8 yards per carry and not being good against the pass either is something a defense strives for.
  9. I'm shocked you guys won that game on the last drive. I remember looking at Cam's facial expressions on that drive and thinking how pissed I'd be if I was a Panthers fan because he looked either confused or looked flippant about the situation he was in. Guess I was wrong. He rarely changes his facial expression much on the field outside of celebrations this year, I have noticed. I didn't read too much into how he looked. But after the previous few drives, to see him suddenly locked in, making great throws and standing tall in a collapsing pocket was a spectacular sight. Jesus, other people talk about the facial expressions of QBs too?
  10. That is bad...I knew the run D was bad, I didn't think it was 'top 6 in NFL history' bad I assumed it was the worst in the history of everything.
  11. Yesterday: 2.5 years ago:
  12. Good grief http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/trest.gif
  13. Cubs look competitive in 2020.
  14. I was standing in the Linc's parking lot at the time but vaguely remember somebody saying something about an "illegal swatting" penalty, which I have no idea what that means.
  15. Probably the 2011 and 2012 drafts, with an emphasis on the latter. Age isn't really a reason when you consider every player ages. It's up to the front office to replenish the talent along the way and the Bears drafted a 1st round DE and 3rd round DB in 2012 that have not contributed at all. The 2nd round DT and 3rd round DB from 2011 have only contributed nominally. It's similar to how the wasted 2007 draft led to a sharp decline and era of mediocrity.
  16. What is the point of locking the other thread?
  17. The biggest offensive adjustment would be to improve the defense...not let themselves get down so big so early, so the defense can't tee off on them, and they don't have to abandon the run. The offense still had a chance to get back into it after 14-0. They went 3 and out in their first 3 drives, IIRC. The offense has to keep the defense off the field. What? That game ended when Hester fumbled.
  18. It is literally amazing to me that this complete and and total horsepoop has become accepted fact for so much of the fanbase. PR firms exist, and make lots of money, for a reason.
  19. If the point of building a consistent winner is to avoid losing seasons then they've already failed with multiple losing seasons. You can't praise the process of building a consistent winner and ignore all the consistent losing.
  20. Having everybody else but you agree to a system that cheats you out of $30m pretty much is a conspiracy against them.
  21. On his show the other night when asked directly, "if you are cleared to play, will you play?" he did not answer in the affirmative.
  22. It would give a whole new meaning to "playoff beards" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc
×
×
  • Create New...