Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,098
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. i can at least revel in the idea that God exists. without God, there couldn't be curses, right? I think witches could do the job. no such things as witches without a devil, no devil without a God. seems like an arbitrary rule what? in a world where magic exists, that must imply the existence of a supernatural being, right? don't see why. anyway, I don't think anybody fears Soriano right now. They're all coming right at him.
  2. i can at least revel in the idea that God exists. without God, there couldn't be curses, right? I think witches could do the job. no such things as witches without a devil, no devil without a God. seems like an arbitrary rule
  3. i can at least revel in the idea that God exists. without God, there couldn't be curses, right? I think witches could do the job.
  4. The gold glove monikor is bunk. Cesar looked very mediocre when he came over last year. He hasn't been good since before his body gave out.
  5. 1.60 WHIP on the day. Playing with fire. Luckily the Astros stink.
  6. People don't seem to understand that 2006 happened and Floyd is no younger. Floyd hasn't flat out destroyed the ball in quite a long time.
  7. I think Santo is having a stroke right in the middle of this game.
  8. Maybe I'm thinking Bynum. Who was the crappy middle infielder that made a dozen or so errors on one game?
  9. Of course not. I'll take a base runner getting past second. Small steps. well, does getting to 2nd do anything for you? I suppose Lee is technically past second when he rounds it and again when he leads off. But I was thinking 90' past 2nd. Have to wait for next inning. Well, the Cubs dugout has to be about 120' from 2nd.
  10. Of course not. I'll take a base runner getting past second. Small steps. well, does getting to 2nd do anything for you?
  11. He's got a 724 OPS, including a .308 OBP. He's not doing anything. I don't think he said he is setting the world afire; he just said he's hitting the ball hard. he hit a couple yesterday that just went right at the Stros. I understand the sentiment, I just think it's a lousy defense for playing a hobbled veteran coming off a terrible season over a young up and comer coming off a solid season, especially when he hasn't done anything this year. Aramis Ramirez can get the "hard outs" excuse, because you can expect him to produce great numbers this year. Floyd is nowhere near a guarantee. He should only get preference if he's truly racking up the numbers.
  12. sampsonite on pace to complete this game with just 108 pitches.
  13. [tagliabue voice] with the, uh, 63rd pick in the 2007 draft, the New York Jets select Brian Leonard, running back, Rutgers.[/tagliabue voice] By law, Thomas Jones is not allowed a starting job without competition. Leonard takes over the Wayne Chrebet role of local college white boy who the fans can latch onto with an unwavering support.
  14. communication breakdown, it's always the same. I'm having a nervous breakdown, drive me insane. I think NSBB game thread participants slacked off their spring training drills and aren't quite in sync yet.
  15. Ramirez is carrying my last place yahoo team. And Hughes is carrying Santo more so than usual.
  16. It's Goony. Goony broke his old screen name with too many gibberish posts. gobbledigook flimflam jebota.
  17. Marquis's 2007 ERA is now back down to 4.50. If that's where it ends the year, I'd be pleasantly surprised.
  18. I don't know how high any team's winning percentages are when they go down 3 runs in the top of the 1st and they have Jason Marquis on the mound. :? sure, for this game, but people are writing off Marquis for the length of the contract because of one bad inning I think people are writing off Marquis because of one bad career. Wow, joined up yesterday and already picking iFights in every thread you've posted in. Great job. You're a welcome addition here. glad to be of service
  19. yeah Cubs fans, going behind 3-0 in the first inning one game after going below .500 in your home opener, one year after losing 90+ games is no time to complain. Can you blame fans for being a little dramatic after living through the last 2 years of crap? No, I don't blame them. That's why I think it's a little ridiculous to start criticizing those who aren't happy with the start.
  20. I don't know how high any team's winning percentages are when they go down 3 runs in the top of the 1st and they have Jason Marquis on the mound. :? sure, for this game, but people are writing off Marquis for the length of the contract because of one bad inning I think people are writing off Marquis because of one bad career.
  21. yeah Cubs fans, going behind 3-0 in the first inning one game after going below .500 in your home opener, one year after losing 90+ games is no time to complain.
  22. just did :lol: Sort of. According to gameday, there was one swing and miss that inning, not counting Burke's foul tip strikeout.
×
×
  • Create New...