Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. you can slice it any way you want to. Since 2018 then and only once. Again, we can expect about 1/2 season from him. As long as they build on that potentiality, ok fine. I think people are juiced about getting him because the Cubs don't have a guy like him right now. But he can't pitch from the IR list.
  2. They seem to have a scripted first drive that works really well. I'm guessing that they practice those plays in order during the week. Then after that, it sort of falls apart. I go back and forth on Fields so much. I kind of feel sorry for him. Either he's in way over his head or he's been poorly coached. He's not like Trubisky at all. You can see the talent in individual plays. You can see the ability to throw from different angles and doing all the stuff a good QB does. It has to be poor playcalling and coaching. Gun to my head, I'd stick with him and see if I could get in a coaching staff that had a clue. They are not an awful team. But last night was a classic game for them. They should have blown out Minnesota by more than three scores, and they won 12-10.
  3. or all the above.
  4. since 2016 when he first broke into the majors he's thrown over 100 innings twice. Although, last year he managed to get in 120. So we can expect approximately half a season out of him. Not exactly lighting my fire. I don't really care how much money he makes, but he will cost talent. IMO, that's too big of a risk.
  5. lol, every one and their sister’s boyfriend have the same feeling.
  6. We have to see him fail. He hasn’t yet. It’s easy to say he needs to do X when he’s not doing that. But he hasn’t need to do anything different because he’s destroying the baseball. He doesn’t need to be more patient. He doesn’t need to walk more. He needs to keep doing what he’s doing until it doesn’t work. When that happens we will see what type of player he is. However, on the other side of the ball he needs to shore up his arm and fielding. I expect that will happen at some point this year because we don’t likely live in the Matrix made for Matt Shaw.
  7. Of course you would
  8. I think before he breaks into the majors he has to show or be let to go longer in a game. I know it’s a six inning game for a lot of starters these days but I’d love to see the Cubs let him throw close to 100 pitches in a game
  9. Beiber>Glasnow
  10. I would say there are no favorites right now. But if there were, it would be the Cardinals.
  11. In this assessment of the coaching staff's tendency is your answer to what they think about Fields. Doing the "safe" things means they don't have the confidence to let him do the unsafe things. If they did, they would let him. I think it's less about winning and more about what they think he can and cannot do. From what I saw (I only watched the first half), Fields showed that he can do some of the things everyone wants him to do, but he's not consistent enough at them to be successful. I think this falls squarely on coaching. Kyle is binary in his assessments and that's what makes people upset. It's either awful or great. Fields is neither, he's inconsistent.
  12. Gotta find a way to get the ball in the end zone there. Terrible play calling or execution
  13. A microcosm of da Bears season on that drive
  14. Fields doing a better job of getting the ball out.
  15. I think Ohtani is daming up the market. All the big spenders are waiting to see what happens.
  16. According to BN and a tweet by the MLB network. Now that is a rumor I can get excited about. I have no idea what it would take to get him, but If I'm Jed, I'm asking.
  17. At this point is he considered a starting pitcher?
  18. I'd just as soon pass on Glasnow, really. You can't pitch from the IL, and at some point that is where he's going to be.
  19. CubinNY

    NFL Week 12

    Did you read the Greenberg article in The Athletic? Skip past the Harbuargh part. https://theathletic.com/5076332/2023/11/20/chicago-bears-nfl-draft-harbaugh-harrison/
  20. I really wanted the Cubs to draft Cam Collier instead of Horton in the 2022 draft. last year Collier K'd 106 times in 111 games in low A ball. Granted he was just 19, but that is not good. He did walk 57 times. I'm going to follow him, but safe to say, right now, I'm glad they drafted Horton.
  21. If Iowa, Alabama, Louisville, Oregon, and OK state all upset chaos will reign. would it be: Oregon, Alabama, OSU, and ???? Georgia/Michigan/FSU
  22. If he can't play in the infield, can he Ian Happ his way to a position in LF? He's quick enough to handle the OF. I get the caveats about patience, but in college he walked more than he struck out. I'm looking forward to seeing how he adjusts once teams "get the book" (trademark, Dusty Baker, 2004) on him. Besides Horton, I'm most looking forward to seeing how he progresses.
  23. I don't think Flaherty is with them.
  24. They're kind of like a late model Mercedes Benz with 89,000 miles. You're hoping that nothing breaks, but as long as it holds together you have a nice automobile.
×
×
  • Create New...