Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. There are never 12 teams in the NCAA who are capable of winning it all. We love tournaments so, go crazy! But this is not going to generate nearly the excitement they think it is. It will generate the dollars though. Who wants to see the SEC champ or runner-up beat on Penn State or a third-place ACC school? Also, it's going to help ND get into the playoffs every year, so there is at least one other reason to hate it.
  2. 100m is only about $80
  3. I'm betting the Cubs, Dodgers, and other teams are in on that too. I think he's going to sign a record-breaking contract that neither he nor the team intends to be long-term. It's too much money for too long for clubs to be comfortable with. It could be the winner is the team willing to give him the highest AAV.
  4. I could see a future where both will start games in MLB this year. Brown may be filling the swingman role. I can also see a future where he is pitching for another organization. I think he's going to be high on the ask list.
  5. Some team is going to give him a six year contract. It's the nature of FA.
  6. I thnk it depends on how much of a premium a team places on his defense. But, yeah.
  7. I love SF. I love Toronto. I love Chicago. LA is a different story, but it's great too. They are such different places with different feels, I'm so jealous. I wonder if it matters to players much. The city, I mean. I could see not wanting to play in NY, but I love the city. It's just not someplace where I would not want to be a professional athlete. I would think the micro-environment means more to the players, like the organization and relationship with the other players and stuff. -------------- The Athletic article said Ohtani's agent called the Angel's former GM to tell him in 2017 and before the GM could tell the rest of the front office they already knew. So, no he didn't tell the team first.
  8. In news, that's not news but is news news. I'd be a bit sour if they were asking me for all my young players for a rental.
  9. It’s ante in this game.
  10. If Michigan can control the LOS on defense they will be Alabama.
  11. Alabama v. Texas rematch for the NC.
  12. lol. For not wanting to be the focus of this week, he’s going to be the focus of this week.
  13. I’d be ok if neither team got in. The SEC is down this year. they should just do Michigan vs Washington for the championship. lol
  14. If this goes like the last one, Ohtani and his people will put out the news first before they tell the club. so id check on sources attached to his agent
  15. lol, Michigan is going to be 1 seed and get rolled by Georgia or Alabama
  16. I read an article in The Athletic about Ohtani’s agent. That is one weird dude. As is Ohtani.
  17. No MLB team is one player away from winning. Baseball, like soccer, and unlike basketball is a weak-link sport. You can't win with a star or two and scrubs. The best teams are the ones with the most depth. The Cubs and most other teams know that.
  18. I don't understand how people could get mad at the Cubs unless it came out that the offer was laughable or that it was rejected early on because it wasn't in the same tier as the others. This decision is in the hands of Ohtani. It's his to make.
  19. Why aren't they meeting in Nashville? This is all carzy.
  20. I don't think anything said should change anyone's expectations about what might happen. The funny thing to me is, that I was never that much into Ohtani coming to the Cubs for several reasons. Now, it's just the opposite.
  21. The worst part is that they probably would have still gotten him even if they didn't trade up to get him, if I remember correctly.
  22. There is a saying in commercial fishing that goes something like this, "don't tell me about the waves, bring in the fish". But it is really exciting to have the Cubs name in discussions for all these players. In the age of style over substance, I wouldn't put anything past anyone, but I don't think the Ricketts are blowing smoke here. It's such a change from the days gone by when the Cubs sat on the sidelines. At the same time, I hope they land a whopper or two.
  23. I didn’t watch the Seahawks/cowboys game, but apparently there were no punts by either team. How is that possible?
×
×
  • Create New...