North Side Baseball

Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 9-19-23

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaRaisin said:

It wasn't an RBI single; no one was on base when Murray singled.

Rotfl I opened the stream while eating and saw the contact then shadows…Oops, only just looked back 

Edited by TomtheBombadil

Second time up, BJ Murray does hit an RBI single.

1-0 Tennessee and they’re still threatening in the third. 

Edit: Owen Caissie doubles in another. 2-0 and Tennessee still threatening.

Last edit: Haydn McGeary with an RBI groundout. Smokies lead 3-0 after 3.

7 hours ago, muntjack said:

Odds Horton pitches for the Chicago Cubs at some point next season? 

Really good. He's basically going through the leagues like a hot knife to warm butter. He needs to get the innings in. That's the only thing that is stopping him.

5 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

That's pretty bold with Skenes out there. There's absolutely an argument for #2, but Skenes is special.

I like Skenes don't get me wrong. I just don't buy the special talent yet. I see why there are concerns scouts have with his fastball shape.

Horton’s fastball shape and command aren’t thought to be elite either, and Skenes is bigger, healthier, and with more velo

I like Horton, but don’t think he’s so unique and way ahead of the pack in the grand scheme (beyond 2023) just yet. Heck, I don’t even really really really believe he’s the best RHSP prospect in the org. Anthony Solometo, Drew Thorpe, Robby Snelling, Brock Porter, Noble Meyer, Jackson Jobe, Wikelman Gonzalez, Blake Walston, Jared Jones, Andry Lara, Ricky Tiedemann, Chase Petty, and possibly more (Thomas White,  Barreria, Hunter Barco come to mind) all seem like they have meaningful ceilings and tools that can hang

Edited by TomtheBombadil