North Side Baseball

06/01 CUBS (Lilly) @ Pittsburgh (Karstens) 6:05 CDT, CSN+ TV

Why D. Lee pinch hitting for K. Hill when if the Cubs actually tie the game, Geo is going to have to catch? And what the hell is Marlon Byrd doing? It is bad enough he swung at a ball that bounced, but to not even think stone hands Doumit might miss it is remarkable. When the guy that hustles the most doesn't have his head in the game, you have to wonder what is going on? Have they quit, it sure looks like it to me. 1 run in 4 of the last 6 games and 2 tonight.

1-7 against Pittsburgh should cost Lou his job. If they get swept tomorrow, there is no way he should be with the team Friday night in Houston.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Verified Member

My fear is Hendry will be here for awhile.

What little I have learned about Ricketts is telling me he is not likely to replace both GM and manager at the same time. He seems more measured than that.

I want slash & burn right now. I don't feel like I'm going to get it.

And what the hell is Marlon Byrd doing? It is bad enough he swung at a ball that bounced, but to not even think stone hands Doumit might miss it is remarkable. When the guy that hustles the most doesn't have his head in the game, you have to wonder what is going on? Have they quit, it sure looks like it to me.

Or the guy who has always been a free swinger was free swinging.

And what the hell is Marlon Byrd doing? It is bad enough he swung at a ball that bounced, but to not even think stone hands Doumit might miss it is remarkable. When the guy that hustles the most doesn't have his head in the game, you have to wonder what is going on? Have they quit, it sure looks like it to me.

I know that, but not realizing the ball got away is inexcusable. No matter what Byrd has done to this point, his free swinging attitude is exactly what the Cubs didn't need.

I know that, but not realizing the ball got away is inexcusable. No matter what Byrd has done to this point, his free swinging attitude is exactly what the Cubs didn't need.

Sure, but it is who he is; he's a very aggressive hitter. If that's what they don't need then they shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

I sense another Summer of Cub discontent coming on.

Anyone canceling their Wrigley plans?

I know Ive went to my one and only game this year. I usually go to about 10 a year, but thats not happening this year.

I've thought about it, but I have tickets to go on August 6th. I haven't been to that wonderful place in three years. I'm jonesing to go again.

I may try to dump 1 of my 2 remaining games at Wrigley, but unfortunately I still have a potentially miserable trip to St. Louis planned in August. Luckily I only bought tickets to 2 of the 3 games in advance, so at least I can get away from the Cubs for the middle game and find something else to do.

I may try to dump 1 of my 2 remaining games at Wrigley, but unfortunately I still have a potentially miserable trip to St. Louis planned in August. Luckily I only bought tickets to 2 of the 3 games in advance, so at least I can get away from the Cubs for the middle game and find something else to do.

Why would you even go to St. Louis in the first place, even to see the Cubs?

Why would you even go to St. Louis in the first place, even to see the Cubs?

Two years ago was Cincinnati. Last year was Pittsburgh. The way the schedule worked out this year, St. Louis was next up. It would have been fun if the Cubs were able to stay in contention, but I should have known better!

I wonder how many people have been kicked out of the park for puking everywhere under the thinking they were completely hammered, when in reality they were stone sober and were just watching the game and the manager to closely?

A [expletive] day at the ballpark is better than the best day anywhere else.

Not with the way the Cubs are playing.

And it's good to see the Cubs are being dominated by the New York Yankees in disguise.

And it's good to see the Cubs are being dominated by the New York Yankees in disguise.

To be honest, there was a time when I could go to the ballpark just for a god time, and if the Cubs won, great, if not it was still a good time. Now that I have developed expectations, its just not the same. Its just not a good time when the team is playing bad. Its not like if I go to a game, and the Cubs lose, all is lost. A good game is a good game, but when they're playing flat out bad baseball, I just dont enjoy myself. Last year, for instance when they were playing their worst, I went to a game vs. the Twins. It was when they brought in some spot starter who shut us down, and was promptly sent back down to AAA. Meanwhile Wrigley was taken over by Twins fans, whose trailers might be slightly larger than those of Cards fans which made the experience even worse.

I know Ive went to my one and only game this year. I usually go to about 10 a year, but thats not happening this year.

The Sunday game against St. Louis was bad enough. I don't think I can expose myself to that anymore this summer.

To be honest, there was a time when I could go to the ballpark just for a god time, and if the Cubs won, great, if not it was still a good time. Now that I have developed expectations, its just not the same. Its just not a good time when the team is playing bad. Its not like if I go to a game, and the Cubs lose, all is lost. A good game is a good game, but when they're playing flat out bad baseball, I just dont enjoy myself. Last year, for instance when they were playing their worst, I went to a game vs. the Twins. It was when they brought in some spot starter who shut us down, and was promptly sent back down to AAA. Meanwhile Wrigley was taken over by Twins fans, whose trailers might be slightly larger than those of Cards fans which made the experience even worse.

Same here. I don't even follow the Cubs on tv anymore. I will follow them on this site, but if I need to go to the ballpark to watch baseball, I just go to a minor league game. At least then, I have no expectations other then to have a good time, watching young players try to reach their goals.

The series against the Twins definitely wasn't when we were playing our worst.

The Sunday game against St. Louis was bad enough. I don't think I can expose myself to that anymore this summer.

You expose yourself?