• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pick one:

Hightower v. JAC

F. Jackson v. TB

J. Jones v. SF

I guess nobody wants to weigh in on this? I'll probably go with Jones or Jackson (right now have them in that order).

I'd say Hightwoer, but sneaky's already been burnt by me once.

I kinda like Jones.

pick one:

Hightower v. JAC

F. Jackson v. TB

J. Jones v. SF

I guess nobody wants to weigh in on this? I'll probably go with Jones or Jackson (right now have them in that order).

I'd say Hightwoer, but sneaky's already been burnt by me once.

I kinda like Jones.

I kinda like Jackson haha.

pick one:

Hightower v. JAC

F. Jackson v. TB

J. Jones v. SF

I'd go Jones. Football Outsiders love him.

interesting. The Huddle loves Jackson this week after pimping Jones last week (and not predicting much from him this week).

I'd go McFadden.

You're already going to get 20-25 carries from Grant, guaranteed. Why not try to hit a home run with your second back? All it will take is one good play for McFadden to rip of a 60-yarder. I think he'll gash KC's defense.

Anthony Gonzalez got cut in my league. Do I drop Donnie Avery to grab him, or to grab Hank Baskett who the Colts are going to sign today?

edit:

I don't plan on starting Avery anytime soon.

I start 3 WRs and have:

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

DeSean Jackson

Percy Harvin

Donnie Avery

Anthony Gonzalez got cut in my league. Do I drop Donnie Avery to grab him, or to grab Hank Baskett who the Colts are going to sign today?

edit:

I start 3 WRs and have:

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

DeSean Jackson

Percy Harvin

Donnie Avery

I'd consider picking up Gonzalez if you have room, but I wouldn't expect much. I'm always scared of players going down without even being hit and then having damage to knee ligaments.

As for Baskett, don't pick him up. Even when he gets up to speed he'll be the Colts 4th receiver behind both Garcon and Collie. He might have 1 game where he goes off and has a big day, but he's not really in the Colts plans significantly.

As for the other Colts receivers, they both get upgraded but I'm not sure either are even bench options right now in all but the deepest of leagues. Garcon has the upside, the tools, and is the deep threat while Collie is going to be the slot/picking up 1st downs guy. If either one wins the job for sure over the other, they might be worth picking up just because of the Colts passing attack, but until then they're just too risky.

edit:

I start 3 WRs and have:

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

DeSean Jackson

Percy Harvin

Donnie Avery

I'd consider picking up Gonzalez if you have room, but I wouldn't expect much. I'm always scared of players going down without even being hit and then having damage to knee ligaments.

As for Baskett, don't pick him up. Even when he gets up to speed he'll be the Colts 4th receiver behind both Garcon and Collie. He might have 1 game where he goes off and has a big day, but he's not really in the Colts plans significantly.

As for the other Colts receivers, they both get upgraded but I'm not sure either are even bench options right now in all but the deepest of leagues. Garcon has the upside, the tools, and is the deep threat while Collie is going to be the slot/picking up 1st downs guy. If either one wins the job for sure over the other, they might be worth picking up just because of the Colts passing attack, but until then they're just too risky.

Thanks, yeah Collie and Garcon are both available as well.

I have a hard time believing Baskett can't climb over Garcon and Collie on the depth chart.

The Colts absolutely love Garcon and his potential. He didn't win the 3rd receiver job out of preseason but that's because Collie fit better with what they needed in the slot. They didn't go to Garcon a lot in week 1 (3 catches, 24 yards..5 attempts his way in just over 3 quarters), but that's because the Jaguars for some reason decided to leave Mathis on him and go with Wayne against a rookie.

I can't see Collie losing his slot job because he fits so well with what the Colts want out of that position. He probably will never be an outside player consistently though.

If Garcon fails over the next 5-6 weeks, Baskett would probably be in line to replace him on the outside with Collie staying in the slot. But until then, Garcon will get lots of chances to prove the skills they see in him. And if it did get to that point where they had to use Baskett, the Colts would also use Dallas Clark some in that outside receiver slot and put Jacob Tamme (another player they like) at tight end.

I claimed Gonzalez on waivers in one of my leagues (I don't know whether my claim will be successful yet; I'm third from bottom in waiver priority). As long as the rest of my team is healthy I can stash him on my bench for a couple of months and hope he might help me down the stretch.