Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. Unless the reviewer just didn't mention it, the story of how Bell's metal detector failed isn't covered in the book...or at least not covered the same.
  2. This must be right before he found out he was getting assassinated. Fun fact: In elementary school they made us do school projects about the Presidents. I drew James A. Garfield. It was easy, cause it didn't last very long. Kinda like his life, amirite? This is possibly my favorite history anecdote ever: http://www.historybuff.com/library/refgarfield.html
  3. That strike call was ALMOST as bad as West's on Soler. And that is really saying something. WTF is going on?
  4. I think he was using the force.
  5. Can Turner or someone stop being "hurt" now? Letting him long toss in the 6th inning of a game would still be better than he who shall not be named (babip be damned). Letting Turner pitch a few games might make it look less fishy when you eventually stash him on the 60 day once Neil returns. Have to say that we are pretty lucky that we didn't have to lose tonight's game for Maddon to (hopefully) figure out that Jaxon is the go to guy early in a close game.
  6. Heed the coach advice Additional runs result An instead of a
  7. If there ever was a time to sell high on The Southern League Player of the Week, INFIELDER Dan Vogelbach, now is the time. If the medicals look alright I want Alex Cobb, he's under control through 2017 and dominant. I just wonder if it could get done without Baez or Schwarber. So what is that we're giving up here? Vogelbach, Almora, Alcantara, CJ Edwards and throw in Jackson without his contract.
  8. Brother just texted me and I did not believe him because of circumstances. Dood.
  9. If Bryant bats .280 what is his OPS? .920? I'm all but certain that if Kris hits .280 it won't be considered a failure by anyone.
  10. That maybe explains it (or you loaded the vid, saw it was long, and didn't watch it before the youtube ad finished. In which case, I can't blame you too much.) Nice call about Soler to 2 and Rizzo to 3 by TT.
  11. It isn't my fault your computer machine didn't jump to 13 minutes 50 seconds like the link I posted did, so you could go directly to the reference I was making. And since the reference was audio, I'd need something fancier than a standard gif. Thanks for the pro-tip, though.
  12. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zesdOKI0yoY/U9jyM5shmGI/AAAAAAAABqA/CEXvg5SibDM/s1600/dream.gif
  13. What kind of league are you playing in where he wasn't drafted? It is a keeper league where if you aren't on the 40 man, you aren't eligible. I'm spending my entire budget on him.
  14. Get your fantasy FAAB bids ready, everyone. Woooooo!
  15. That and I went to the games on Saturday and Sunday. I'm pumped.
  16. http://www.trbimg.com/img-5184ef07/turbine/chi-maddux-1220090318151804 Why would you do this? It should be obvious in context.* *hint: it's sad. That is not why he asked the question. This is a time for both rational and irrational exuberance. Take yer downerism to Cub Discussions. (Also, screw pitchers.)
  17. I guess word hasn't gotten out about Soler's gun yet.
  18. Am I miscounting, or has Rizzo been hit by a pitch in his last 3 ABs? Is that some kind of record?
  19. After checking Gausman's stats (including minors and what most sites have projected for this season as a starter) I wasn't so sure he'd be an improvement upon our starting 5, until I read something like this: should-kevin-gausman-and-james-paxton-throw-more-high-fastballs ...and then I start to wonder. Are the Orioles just really, really dumb?
  20. In case anyone missed it, Herrera made the squad along with Szczer. Sweeney was DFA'd.
  21. I'll have you know that I averaged over a sack a game during my short stint as a high school JV defensive tackle. I know my football almost as well Roy Knitski.
×
×
  • Create New...