Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I don't have any problems with Eberflus after it was obvious that Daboll wasn't going to happen. With that said, this OC search is going to be absolutely huge. They need to hit a homerun on this hire.
  2. I agree. Don’t punish a team for signing someone. Eliminate the stupid small market picks and turn them into compensatory picks for losing someone of note. The Cardinals getting competitive advantage picks is definitely in my top 5 most irritating things in baseball.
  3. The Bears would still have to offer compensation for Payton since he's still under contract through 2024, despite his retirement correct? What type of picks has this historically required teams to give up?
  4. I see no point in playing a 162 game schedule to determine which teams are best if they intend to let half the damn league into the playoffs.
  5. It just seems so obvious to me that Daboll should be the guy. Unlike Nagy, he actually ran the offense in Buffalo. He has an offensive scheme that has proven to work. We have a competent defensive coordinator already in Desai. I feel like Frazier is the Jake Arrieta move. It's just bringing back a guy from the good old times to give people nostalgia rather than putting the best option in place.
  6. I don't know what was wrong with Kofi last night, but he looked completely gassed. He was letting people blow past him on defense and giving up rebounds he usually doesn't. They got away with it against Nebraska, but that's probably not going to happen against Michigan.
  7. 1 for 5 on 4th downs with 3 sacks and a pick 6. The ineptitude never ceases to amaze.
  8. Has any team in NFL history ever lost a game where they've been in the other team's side of the field on every possession?
  9. It's remarkable really. He just learns absolutely nothing. He can fail over and over, but he still believes it will work next time.
  10. Eddie Jackson saves a TD after the DB doesn't bother to touch the WR on the ground.
  11. When you absolutely dominate a half and don't even lead by a touchdown.
  12. It's actually remarkable how often the Bears get into the other team's side of the field and produce nothing.
  13. Ugh, I thought he was the best option without having to move Williams or White.
  14. The nightmare scenario where the Bears win the final 3 games and they bring back Nagy for finishing strong is still alive and I hate that I'd almost be surprised if it didn't happen.
  15. Zero interest in McNeil with all the locker room problems he brings. Is there more than just the Lindor thing that happened last year? Because that was actually more Lindor than McNeil. Beyond the physical altercation with Lindor, apparently he has ignored coaches defensive shifts on a number of occasions.
  16. Zero interest in McNeil with all the locker room problems he brings.
  17. There is not a single enjoyable thing about watching this game.
  18. If not for that touchdown on the last play of the game last week, the Bears have scored 3 points in their last 6 redzone possessions. It's starting to reach entertaining territory bad.
  19. Bears are bad and Fields isn't playing, but at least we have a top 5 five pick coming, am I right? :banghead:
  20. Fields did some really bad things like the fumble, the screen pass he held onto, fumbled and recovered and that sack he ran about 10 yards backwards, but overall I think it was a decent game. His receivers dropped a ton of passes and the play calling was absolutely miserable. Nagy completely gave up on 3 drives after a loss on 1st down. It's truly baffling to me that every single time the Bears offense gets on a roll Nagy has to call some ridiculous gimmick play like the wildcat. It's like he's allergic to success. They drive down to the red zone and suddenly the play calling drastically changes. I just don't get it. The defense was frankly fantastic given the situation they were in.
  21. If this doesn't cause the Bears to fire everyone, then there's no hope until the team is sold.
  22. I just give up. Between the refs are Nagy, there's just no way they can possibly succeed.
  23. Run up the gut on 2nd and 18. Fantastic play calling as usual.
  24. I feel like the the Vikings at -6.5 is an incredibly safe bet right now. I'd be fairly surprised if the Bears kept it a two possession game.
  25. If it's a Hosmer type deal, then sure, but taking on his contract or giving up prospect capital? Definitely not.
×
×
  • Create New...