Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Love Staumont and would happily pick him up.
  2. Would Bell’s inclusion in some of these rumors indicate that Hosmer is on the move? They aren't going to have anyone left to attach to Hosmer to make it worthwhile.
  3. God I'd be pissed off if I was a cardinal fan.
  4. I really can't see a scenario, not involving Ramirez that would make me happy for Contreras/Robertson to NYM. I guess maybe Vientos+Allan is pretty good, but it seems scary to dangle this trade deadline on a guy with huge swing and miss issues and another guy who has basically thrown about 10 innings in 3 years. With SD to Soto nearly finished, I'm really hoping TB or CLE step it up.
  5. I'm honestly super hyped about Amaya right now. I love the swing changes they made.
  6. Yeah, I'm not super up to date on what those guys have done so far this year, but if we're basing it on the preseason reports then, ouch.
  7. Jorge Lopez going to the Twins. That should be a good haul for Baltimore.
  8. I would be very unhappy Here
  9. At this point, I have my money on a the trio of Contreras, Robertson and Happ going to SD after they miss out on Soto. No way on Robertson after the Hader deal and I doubt they have enough luxury tax room to add much else anyway. Why not Robertson? They were in on him before the Hader deal and they traded a closer to get a closer. Luxury tax would basically require the Cubs to take back like Snell, since Hosmer is reportedly not going anywhere.
  10. Yeah you could maybe see one of them getting done with some of the interesting pitching prospects, but both would be a stretch. That said, while I'm not quite as conspiratorial as Brett, I do agree with him that a lot of this is public posturing on the Mets side, and between the time pressure of the deadline and the possibility that other NL teams make upgrades(Soto, Montas, maybe Rodon, etc), I wouldn't be convinced that their prospect-clutching is a locked in certainty. At this point, I have my money on a the trio of Contreras, Robertson and Happ going to SD after they miss out on Soto.
  11. If the tweet is accurate, the Mets aren't willing to move any of Alvarez, Baty, Ramirez, Vientos or Mauricio for a rental, so I don't see any possible way a Contreras/Robertson deal could possibly get done. Here
  12. I'm officially baffled. Has there ever been a case where the division leader traded their closer at the deadline?
  13. I know the flurry of moves are still to come, but man has this been a slow trade deadline. Vogelbach, Benintendi and Castillo are the only notable moves and we have like 36 hours to go.
  14. Watch. They're going to have Soto, Goldschmidt and Arenado, but still get a competitive balance pick, because the league is run by morons.
  15. The NYM reporters seem to think the Cubs want Vientos but the Mets aren't interested. Obviously Baty and Alvarez aren't on the table, but if neither Vientos or Ramirez are available, then I see nothing worth discussing. If Mauricio is the lead piece, I'd be incredibly pissed off. The guy has the plate discipline of Baez without all elite level talent.
  16. I think it's less this exactly and more that their farm system doesn't have a ton of appeal if Alavrez and Baty (who can get them into non-rental star trades) are off the table for rentals. The next most appealing player is like Khalil Lee, and you'd hope to be able to land him for one of the relievers or Ortega rather than Contreras I think Ramirez is very appealing and I'd love him as lead piece.
  17. It's actually kind of amazing that they managed to not extend a single player from all that talent that surged into the system in 2015-2017. Schwarber, Baez, Bryant, Contreras, Soler, Russell, Happ and none, for various reasons, were with the Cubs past their original deals. All that's left from 2016 is Hendricks now, right?
  18. If not Soto then I'd love to bring back either of Skubal or Pablo Lopez. Stroman/Hendricks/Thompson/Steele/(Skubal/lopez) would be a good 2-6. Grab Musgrove in FA and that's a solid staff.
  19. Covid Or maybe a trade?
  20. Kelley's only notoriety is that he was a quasi 1st round talent who has now been terrible in A ball in back to back years. Without that draft status, he's a year away from wash out.
  21. I haven't watched a full game since 2019. There's basically no more emotional investment into this team anymore.
  22. I get Alvarez being off the table, but should Baty really be off the table for Contreras+Robertson? [tweet] [/tweet]
  23. That WSox package would make me puke. I also have very little interest in Vientos who looks like the minor league version of Patrick Wisdom. Who cares if he has 70 grade power if he can't put the bat on the ball?
  24. Cross-posting here because I wonder what this does for some pending FA's and potential extension negotiations. If Musgrove was close with SD, knowing his market just dropped by 8 figures has to push him over the edge, right? And in the more important case of Willson, is the gap between his goals and an extension offer now close enough to re-engage? Isn't this good for us? Cubs can sign the #1 kid in the IFA that they've been linked to. With a draft, that wouldn't have been possible.
  25. He literally has not hit a HR in over a year. I don't know that I've ever seen a player's batted ball profile change so much. His LD% is down to 16.2% after averaging around 25% over the previous 4 years. His GB% is 47.5% which is just crazy for a power hitter. His HARD% is way down and his Pull% is way down as well. I think there's something that can be fixed there, but it's pretty obvious that swing is seriously broken compared to where it was in 2020. The cost for him would have to be basically nothing, like no one in the top 30.
×
×
  • Create New...