Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,121
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Jones better figure out how to run routes because he has no clue as a punt returner.
  2. He is getting absolutely destroyed tonight. Sweat has been all over Fields.
  3. I thought they were a lock for a top 4 going into the ASB and now they're looking at #12, gross.
  4. I wonder if the Bears could get anything good for Herbert with all the desperation out there. He flashes a lot when he gets touches, but his blocking is so terrible that I don't know if he can ever be a lead back. I don't see him as the lead back even when Montgomery leaves.
  5. From everything I've read, the Raiders gave him way too many responsibilities and expected him to be the starter from day 1 when nearly every draft expert said he was a project pick that needed time. I'm actually pretty optimistic about him despite his performance last year.
  6. Fans were complaining about the lack of energy and hustle on the field this year. Washington brings a solution to that problem.
  7. I just realized, was the Minnesota game the first one of the season where Fields didn't have someone commit an unnecessary roughness penalty on him? I remember one slide and was actually surprised that he didn't take a helmet to helmet since it seems to happen every time.
  8. Quick observations. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I felt like Jenkins played a lot more which, along with Montgomery, helped the blocking a lot. Honestly if they could just get someone who was even remotely close to sniffing average over Mustipher, I think the line would be Okish. Kyler Gordon actually looked good in the 2nd half after being completely miserable the first 4.5 games. Dominque Robinson continues to impress. I can't believe that was Vildor's first interception and it was 1/3 of the way through his 3rd season. Fields wasn't pinpoint but he threw them close enough where there were more catches that should have been made. His pocket awareness was drastically better. I hated the run on 3rd and 3 in the red zone. Going for 2 in the early 3rd quarter and the following onside kick made little sense.
  9. That was a terrible call, but the refs also completely blew a PI the previous play that would have had TB around the ATL 20.
  10. Same guy who ruins Fields's touchdown run, ruins the game.
  11. 17 should be immediately cut.
  12. Mooney slowed on the route and made the catch hard. If he continues the route it hits him in stride. Still, it was an amazing catch.
  13. In a long history of Bears' ineptitude, this game might be the pinnacle.
  14. If Johnson isn't back then I fully expect Jefferson to put up monster numbers. 150 yards would actually be a success in my eyes. Gordon and Vildor are going to get absolutely torched all day long. Combine that with Dalvin Cook and the Bears inability to stop the run and I don't see anyway this defense keeps the Vikings under 30. I think there's very little chance this is a competitive game.
  15. Have to catch that ball.
  16. Brisker good, Gordon awful
  17. 2 and 15 draw a Bears' classic
  18. Another to, wtf are they doing?
  19. Not getting Daboll is going to haunt this franchise for years
  20. Fields looks good early, so let's make sure we keep running it over and over so he can't build any rhythm.
  21. 19 runs vs 2 pass in the red zone. Getsy is an offensive genius.
  22. Starting to get the itch to play again after a decade plus of not playing, but I'm not sure my body is ever going to be not broken enough to even get through 9.
  23. I'll take Madrigal, but I think what he was on the WSox is pretty much his ceiling at this point. I had hoped he'd grow into 10/15 hr pop but that's likely not a thing anymore. He's probably a 2.5-3.5 fWAR guy if he managed to stay on the field all year.
×
×
  • Create New...