Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. If you're trying to be funny its Al Burquerque.
  2. http://www.bleachernation.com/2012/12/17/cubs-officially-announce-chang-yong-lim-signing/ South Korean sidearming TJ surgery reliever. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61681
  3. Ugh, no. The Knicks deserve nothing but misery, now and forever. The rejuvenation of the Yankees is bad enough, I could really use a Knicks/Rangers combo elimination soon. I genuinely can't remember the last time I rooted for a New York team to win at anything. I've wanted the Giants to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. And I've rooted for the Devils (obviously not a NY team) because I have easy access to tickets and they are like 15 minutes away from my house.
  4. I do like what Emery is saying with regards to Carimi. Obviously it is his right and so Phil probably can't saying much negative about it. But I think it's the right thing to play the good cop here. The open arms commentary puts the onus on Carimi. His contract is guaranteed so there is zero to gain from cutting him, unless you believe in the bad apple theory. And I really don't think that what he has done to date qualifies as a guy who is going to have a negative affect on others. I think there is little chance his career will continue with the Bears, but they still need the depth and might as well keep him all year.
  5. 1Jonathan GrayPOS: RHPHT: 6-4WT: 239School: Oklahoma Analysis: The industry thinking is that the Astros will try to cut a deal with Gray for less than it would cost to sign Mark Appel, then applying the savings to later picks where they might sign players to bonuses that exceed MLB's recommendations. There is one hot rumor this week that has the Astros on UNC third baseman Colin Moran, one of the top statistical performers in this draft and someone likely to rate at or near the top of Houston's internal analytics. Besides Gray and Moran, Mark Appel and perhaps Kris Bryant all seem to be in consideration, and maybe (but probably not) Clint Frazier. If last year is any guide, the Astros won't make a final decision until a few hours or even minutes before the pick. 2Mark AppelPOS: RHPHT: 6-5WT: 215School: Stanford Analysis: This is Appel or Gray, assuming one of them goes first, with Appel the preference. The Cubs are in the catbird seat in this draft -- they don't have to pay the premium that comes with picking first overall but are guaranteed to get one of the two huge arms in the class. 3Kris BryantPOS: 3B/OFB/T: R/RHT: 6-5WT: 215School: San Diego Analysis: I've only heard them on bats so far, including Bryant, Dominic Smith and Austin Meadows. However, if Gray ends up here, I think the Rockies would take him. 4Kohl StewartPOS: RHPHT: 6-3WT: 190School: St. Pius X (Houston) Analysis: They've been very heavy on Stewart over his last few outings, and he's an ideal fit for a system that needs high-upside pitchers, with Stewart offering the athleticism the Twins have always favored in position players. There is a persistent rumor that the Twins will cut a deal with prep catcher Reese McGuire for less than MLB's recommended bonus, which would allow them to apply those savings later in the draft. But Stewart is clearly the better choice and appears to be higher on their internal board, below only the three players who I project to go in the top three.
  6. Ugh, no. The Knicks deserve nothing but misery, now and forever. The rejuvenation of the Yankees is bad enough, I could really use a Knicks/Rangers combo elimination soon.
  7. I think Detroit should try to prevent the Blackhawks from scoring goals while at the same time try to score more goals themselves.
  8. ' Stupid [expletive] were trying it in the bleachers last night. This time it was a full-on wave that circled the ballpark, both bleachers and grandstands a good 4-5 times. Sullivan and Miles were livid on twitter.
  9. Who struck out all those Kane County hitters?
  10. I think blue is a very Chicago color that would need to be involved, but I also think that the Cubs colors on the bears would be awful and the Bears unis on the Blackhawks would look stupid. Black and red probably, even though that is quite dull. Also, the Cubs would look very Cardinals/Reds/Angels/Phillies/Nationals.
  11. Puck Daddy believes anybody else should get zero.
  12. he hasn't had any according to fangraphs, just the one on br.com last four years 6.3 4.5 3.7 3.9
  13. I disagree. There is still value in day baseball, played under the sun, value that contributes to the brand of the Cubs. They have some sort of sentimental that can't be quantified, but more night games have real, positive, quantifiable value on the bottom line. And they are getting a lot more night games. They are at a happy medium where they can sell more night games while at the same time maintaining the brand value of Cubs day baseball.
  14. I disagree. There is still value in day baseball, played under the sun, value that contributes to the brand of the Cubs.
  15. Yeah, I mean I don't really think it's a problem, because of the complete lack of a pipeline and the inability/prohibitive cost to go out and acquire more pitching, not to mention that even if they draft a stud #1 he's no lock for opening week 2014. But I don't see how extensions for those guys would be seen as anything but locking them into the rotation.
  16. Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 3m Told by source that Viktor Stalberg is sitting Game 1 for #Blackhawks vs. #RedWings not because of poor play or injury. Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 49s Source said #Blackhawks winger Viktor Stalberg questioned his role--or lack of it--in certain situations. Not sure what this means, but my interpretation is he asked why he didn't get more time on PP or PK, and Q didn't like that. I don't know, sounds stupid.
  17. There's a chance anybody could be traded at any time, as long as they don't have a no-trade clause. But an extension for those three guys at this point in time would essentially lock them into 2014 rotation spots. Same is true for Castro and Rizzo.
  18. Why would any of those spots be locked in? Since the Rizzo extension, there's been talk that Shark and Wood are up next. Not sure how much base there is to it though. Ok? Why would that lock them in? Extensions for Wood, Shark and Garza would certainly lock them into rotation spots in 2014, and Jackson already is.
  19. Well, then you think wrong. After back to back 0-3 games Soler's May OPS is now down to 1100. He's top 10 in the FSL right now overall. It's safe to say he's been very good.
  20. Based on what? Baez? Soler's been very good and Almora and Vizcaino have yet to play. Vogelbach and Shoulders have been very impressive. Anything from Vitters or Jackson is gravy as far as I'm concerned, and most of the other relevant prospects havn't done anything eye popping but have been pretty solid. Yes, based on Baez. And I guess we have different definitions of "very good" and "very impressive". Because i don't think Soler has been "very" good, or Vogelbach "very" impressive. I was also including Almora's broken hand and Vizcaino having yet to throw a pitch as reasons for the [expletive] season so far. Like I said, it's still a small sample size but it'd be nice to have a strong week or two to get excited about. Yeah, the fact that guys that need to produce in the minors haven't played yet isn't a good thing. Anything from Vitters and Jackson may be gravy, but they are considered by many top 10 prospects in this organization still, and the nothingness that has been their respective starts to the season is still disappointing. Makes it difficult to fool some team into taking them as part of a package deal.
  21. No direct quotes, but they said so on a season ticket holder conference call: http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/2012/11/cubsnews11212.php#.UZOLLLXvNq5 Guys his age who have missed this much time to injury aren't a slam dunk for anything.
  22. I went to the game so I missed this. Cliffs? They had a guy on to talk about the wrigleyfield.com site and video and during the play where Soriano threw a guy out at the plate he kept talking. He even talked over Len calling the out. In other words, in the course of promoting/marketing/communicating a website specifically meant to garner support from Cubs fans for their stadium plan, their communications honcho pissed off Cubs fans. Granted, there probably weren't that many watching at the time.
  23. For a head of communications the guy they had on during the game last night sure was bad at knowing when to shut up during the course of play.
  24. All that talk of tempo and speed in practice sounds an awful lot like what we heard when Lovie first showed up. Has Trestman gone beyond that or were Lovie's practices starting to slowdown as the roster aged?
×
×
  • Create New...