Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. 3-1 to Castro, what is going to happen? Oh lovely, another Cubs player making an out on the basepaths. These aggressive mistakes sure are smart.
  2. Good thing they didn't waste Villanueva the other day so he can be fresh now.
  3. Moreland and this other idiot are having a moronic discussion about BABIP right now.
  4. Paul Sullivan ‏@PWSullivan 34s Tarp now being removed. We will start at 2:45 pm (CST) or so.
  5. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pittsburgh-pa/15219/hourly-weather-forecast/1310 The hourly forecast indicates they can get this in during daylight hours, still leaving plenty of time for both teams to travel tonight.
  6. At the moment, anything that keeps Jackson's starts from counting is probably a positive thing. Next time Cubs are in Pittsburgh is a 4 game series that comes in the middle of a 3 week stretch of no off days.
  7. There's nothing more tedious than baseball people talking about the unique oddities related to the rules in baseball compared to every other sport.
  8. what the F is all that screaming in the background at the game? Is that a bachelorette party?
  9. Bingo... I wish they would move around on draft night. Like every year they would move to a city with a NFL team and host the draft in that city. I'm tired of seeing the freaking Giants/Jets fans there just booing EVERYTHING every single year. When I walk by RCMH on draft night, those lines are littered with fans wearing jerseys from every single team out there. NYC is filled with fans from all around, and surrounded by several other fan bases. I think the league likes having that much representation, and you just aren't going to get anything close in most NFL cities. The draft in KC or Seattle is going to be a dud. You can probably build in a rotation similar to the Super Bowl, with 5 or 6 cities. But the other thing to consider is the draft is boring as hell and anybody who willingly attends is a moron. They've managed to convince enough morons to attend at RCMH and may fear a lack of attendance if they move it and have to herd a new flock of morons. Plus the NFL Head Offices are in NYC I believe, so it just make sense logistically. They are like 2 blocks away from the hall.
  10. Unless of course this is just more of the woe is me, only the Cubs, how does this happen nonsense. It's a poorly constructed baseball team with a bad record. Nothing else matters.
  11. It is bottom of the league in walks taken. You aren't making a point.
  12. Because the starting pitchers don't get blown out, the lineup can't score and the bullpen sucks.
  13. Bingo... I wish they would move around on draft night. Like every year they would move to a city with a NFL team and host the draft in that city. I'm tired of seeing the freaking Giants/Jets fans there just booing EVERYTHING every single year. When I walk by RCMH on draft night, those lines are littered with fans wearing jerseys from every single team out there. NYC is filled with fans from all around, and surrounded by several other fan bases. I think the league likes having that much representation, and you just aren't going to get anything close in most NFL cities. The draft in KC or Seattle is going to be a dud. You can probably build in a rotation similar to the Super Bowl, with 5 or 6 cities. But the other thing to consider is the draft is boring as hell and anybody who willingly attends is a moron. They've managed to convince enough morons to attend at RCMH and may fear a lack of attendance if they move it and have to herd a new flock of morons.
  14. I'm not telling you to ignore it, the point is run differential over short durations tells you nothing. this is a bad baseball team that cannot score runs because it cannot get on base. The starting pitchers are good but the bullpen sucks. This is the fourth consecutive year of this team being bad and every year people try to make up reasons to believe they actually aren't bad. I don't see the point in pretending that it is "incredible" that a team could have a bad record over a short period of time when their run differential tells them it should be a good record. Over the last six games of April they went 4-2 but were outscored by 2 runs. So what?
  15. Did somebody tell him what to do?
  16. I do not see what is so incredible. Run differential tells you nothing over a short stretch. 3 games are making up all the difference. They also happen to be the only 3 big wins this team has had all year.
  17. DP presented that scenario to him at the end of that interview I linked above. Uralcher said no amount of money, no scenario would have him return. Really did sound like he was really done. I listened to maybe half, and it sure seemed to me that the tone did not match up with the words as far as the "I'm done" sentiment is concerned. I thought he was pretty convincing in that last bit. He said he's tired of working out, and admitted he just doesn't want to put his body through it anymore. In any case, I think he's handling things at this point as well as possible given everything that's already happened. Yeah, I think he feels that way now. He knows his body can't handle OTAs, training camp and a 16 game season. But he's not going to completely stop working out.
  18. If the veterans are hurt or ineffective and the rookies aren't up to snuff, I could easily see a situation where he's the best solution in mid-season, regardless of meatball sentiment.
  19. DP presented that scenario to him at the end of that interview I linked above. Uralcher said no amount of money, no scenario would have him return. Really did sound like he was really done. I listened to maybe half, and it sure seemed to me that the tone did not match up with the words as far as the "I'm done" sentiment is concerned.
  20. So at what point this season will the injury situation lead Urlacher to taking on the Kerry Wood role and coming back for one last hurrah after he thought he was done?
  21. http://www.whosay.com/brianurlacher/photos/345346?wsref=tw
  22. I was curious why Rondon was in there in the first place, and Villanueva was nowhere to be seen. Russell is good and all, but you don't wait until the bases are loaded to bring the guy in.
×
×
  • Create New...