Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. what about double finger whistling eddie vedder?
  2. really? Gregg, Russell and Villanueva are fairly decent pitchers, and he's had a conga line of lively arms at the back end. Marmol is a middle relief guy. I'm not sure depth is the problem. He leaves starters in too long, allowing them to tire and let 2 guys get on base before turning to his relievers to bail out his starters, then utilizes those relievers about as poorly as he can.
  3. Interesting timing to announce a goalie signing. Also, lower center, just below chin strap beard guy. Drunk middle aged woman, or drunkest middle aged woman? http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/14111141/143025810.0_standard_709.0.jpg
  4. Is he wearing a bulletproof vest, or some sort of girdle?
  5. There was a list on here somewhere about the bust rates at different positions. I thought there were a couple 3B.
  6. My concern is rooted in the fact that "solid" power probably isn't enough from him. He pretty much has to be a near elite bat and his eliteness is going to have to come from the power.
  7. http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/prospect-notebook-javier-baez-powers-through-fsl/ That is a weird way of phrasing it. The successful ones learn from their mistakes, but talent alone doesn't mean a guy will figure out how to lay off bad pitches.
  8. Yeah, I was more surprised with how unimpressive his numbers were than getting critical about them. Last year he hit 10 HR in 168 A- PA. This year it's just 8 in 237. Certainly he's capable of a hot streak, especially if the weather cooperates. But I was hoping he'd be something like a top 5 OPS guy for his league this year to allow people to look past his flaws. Ultimately I'd like him to be a big part of a trade for a better player. But if he's got a couple dozen guys in his league outproducing him that is going to be tough.
  9. That Ilyn Payne ish cannot stand How is that not a double minor? Unsportsmanlike, slashing, or cross checking, take your pick. How does Toews get a roughing minor but Crawford doesn't? Goalies always get the leeway.
  10. In a black and white yes or no situation I see no way for anybody to honestly answer yes. In a more nuanced poll there's room for debate.
  11. That Ilyn Payne ish cannot stand
  12. Sounds like it was just a monster shot. It hit the Leinenkugel sign. I was at the game, he hit it pretty hard. Vogelbach also took second on what looked like a long single to left center, tagged up on a fly to RF that wasn't real deep and scored on a passed ball that didn't get that far away from the catcher. He didn't look as slow as I figured he would. Almora's walk was a nice PA, but he seemed aggressive in his other ABs. I didn't see his double in the 10th, but one of his singles was a hard hit ball to the SS that should have been an out if not for a bad throw. That kind of surprising straight line speed is not uncommon among your fatty types. It's the lateral movement that's an issue.
  13. Cool beans. Vogelbach seems to be doing well. He's somebody who is going to have to just keep hitting and hitting to retain (or gain) value as a prospect. I haven't been paying too close attention to him but everything seems to be good. ... Big boy has a sub 800 OPS, behind 25 other guys in the Midwest League? Poop
  14. They started with a cheap shot in the playoffs. The main brawl was in the next regular season, but there was another mini brawl in that ensuing playoffs.
  15. I was happy about the back-to-back. I thought that definitely gave the Hawks the advantage. Knocking Quick out of the game was so sweet. Hopefully that gets into his head a bit. It would be great if we can take 1 out of 2 in L.A. That would put us in the driver's seat to head back to the finals. I was very concerned about the back to back mostly because of LA's great home record and their goalies ability to win one on his own.
  16. Never seen a guy hit somebody with his back like that.
  17. I hate when they leave starters in long, with elevated pitch counts only to force a reliever into the game with men already on. Let your reliever enter a clean inning with a lead
  18. Don't draft fullbacks especially ones who do nothing particularly great and have legal issues in college
  19. Before this week they only had 7 guys total reach base this season.
  20. I thought the way Q kind of put him on notice and then he seemed to not response very favorably in the game was a little disheartening.
  21. You would too if you had to walk back through those halls from the clubhouse.
  22. I thought that's what was happening last August and September, when the walks and power went up but the average dropped. Lately, he just seems to be getting himself out by swinging at horrible pitches. Like I said, totally unscientific and semi-meatball-y hope. It's a mild case of desperation convincing my brain that there must be a good reason for it. Didn't he knock up somebody in NY or something? It's just sleep deprivation.
  23. The Marlins are like 18 games worse That's the septic tank. The Brewers are in the basement and the Cubs are climbing up the steps to the first floor, having just realized it's 10 a.m. and they missed first period chemistry.
×
×
  • Create New...