Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Wrigley-Rooftop-to-Advertise-United-Airlines-118849114.html This indicates there was some sort of agreement between that owner and the Cubs. They had the Budweiser flap and then Horseshoe Casino, which was blocked by the Cubs. But that states the Cubs announced United was the new advertiser in 2011 as part of a larger Cubs/United partnership. Interesting. Given the fact that they had some sort of partnership, I wonder if they are compensating the building owner in some way for rendering advertising on that roof useless. Didn't it say 3-year agreement? That should be up after this season and before a jumbotron goes up.
  2. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Wrigley-Rooftop-to-Advertise-United-Airlines-118849114.html This indicates there was some sort of agreement between that owner and the Cubs. They had the Budweiser flap and then Horseshoe Casino, which was blocked by the Cubs. But that states the Cubs announced United was the new advertiser in 2011 as part of a larger Cubs/United partnership.
  3. I'm confused with some of those sentences.
  4. I think everybody is aware. If they were then they shouldn't expect them to go away. What?
  5. The more I watch this team, the closer I think they are, to be honest. Take away the bullpen and some stupid errors and I think the Cubs' record would be pretty good right now. And that was with a tough schedule. Tough? They just played 8 games against 2 of the worst teams in baseball, that's been 28% of the season. And simply "taking away" their worst parts doesn't just make them better. You have to replace those bad parts with better parts. There's also the little issue of this offense still being the worst in the league at taking walks.
  6. Am I underestimating the DeJesus trade market? I see pick 34 as a back of the Cubs top 10 type prospect with the additional benefit of the Cubs getting to pick anyone available at 34, not just picking from a limited set of players in one specific organization. Seems like good value for DeJesus if they're going to trade him. Wait. Wouldn't the prospects in one quality organization be a better collection to choose from than just guys available after pick 33? Not all organizations, but the ones you want to deal with should be. And you would have the advantage of having a guy with more data points to judge.
  7. My suspicion was that it was intentional (before seeing it). That's the best way to get noticed as a nobody in the broadcasting biz. But I eventually saw it and the way she flubbed it didn't seem as scripted.
  8. The two go hand in hand, though. No one is going to fly to Chicago to sing for 45 seconds then go home. My point is, having a guest conductor sing the stretch isn't bothersome. It's the interview that sucks.
  9. I could care less about the guest conductors, just don't interview them during the game.
  10. I enjoyed hearing Rangers fans complain about the refs last night.
  11. Seriously? Oh come on. Oh sure. The timing is completely coincidental, guys...completely unrelated! EDIT: Looks like some series of videos of her doing a show called "Sports Nutz" came out yesterday too? Still...stupid. Except those were very old and they had to know about them prior to hiring her.
  12. he ended up with 96 pitches Was he laboring in the 8th? sure looked like it to me. he gave up an infield single, a walk, and then actually got out of the inning before borbon happened Thanks bullpen
  13. Presumably because the 2B and 1B play him deep and the pitcher will not be in position to field it.
  14. I had to take a work call and turn off the game audio. Prior to that Keith and Pat were learning about Twitter and what an underscore is. Put the audio back on and Keith is talking about underscores.
  15. I didn't even know who she was prior to a couple of months ago but I agree. Bar owners and landlords should not be known. Once they are, it's only for their horribleness.
  16. Isn't he where he is because of injury and therefore that doesn't count within the parameters of the discussion?
  17. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-chicago-cubs--rooftop-owners--20130502,0,2123500.story
  18. It's 5th. He's not batting 9th. And it's not like Castro is some 1000 OPS hitter that can never be moved out of the top of the order. He's really good for his position/age, but he's not a no doubt about it first inning hitter.
  19. This is fine, I guess, but only if Dale's going to move Ransom back down pretty much immediately when he inevitably goes 0/8 for a two-game stretch in this lineup. Did you read the quotes from Dale on the matter?
  20. Yes, it's a rare product. Yes, they can charge whatever they want. And yes, as a fan I can be upset that it costs too much for me to be able to afford to take my family to go see. But come on now lets not pretend that watching at home is equal to watching it live. Speaking of nonsensical... If it was impossible for most normal people to afford to bring their family to a regular season game I could see the point. Not being able to take the family to see a playoff game at a reasonable cost rings a bit hollow to me though. It's not just a rare product but playoff hockey is a special addition of a rare product, a fine wine maker's premium release. I don't really think fans should expect to be able to attend playoff games without paying a pretty penny. And regardless of what the team is charging, it will be expensive unless you get through on their initial sale. The tickets are eventually going to cost the same on the resale market, so why not have the team being the one making that money?
  21. Seriously? You don't get when people bitch about things costing a lot of money? Is it just ticket price conversations that are verboten, or discussions about prices of things in general? The Blackhawks are just pricing their tickets according to market demand. What's wrong with that? If they don't the secondary market will get those margins. It's nothing personal, it's just smart business. If they aren't selling out the games, then they're priced over the market demand. Not really. The goal isn't to sell-out, but rather to get the most revenue possible for the game. Making some tickets cheaper might lead to more being sold, but not necessarily more revenue.
  22. I'm going to guess they will remain cautious on him. He only has 220 professional PA at the moment, including only a very brief stint at low A. These guys have talked repeatedly about having guys go through each level. Plus, given the recent hubbub about his hustle and whatnot, I would expect they'd like to see Soler's name stay out of the press for a while and a promotion to AA at this stage would do the exact opposite. I would hope he gets a promotion sometime this year, but I would guess somebody else is first in line.
×
×
  • Create New...