Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. It was used all the time with Rex Grossman. It is used with Eli Manning.
  2. And I will go to my grave taking credit for the brilliant plan.
  3. The stink of 100 losses is hard to wash off.
  4. are those bare bear balls?
  5. I'm not sure which team's idiotic phrase is more idiotic, these guys or Cincy. Is there another team that uses similar gibberish? Anyway, yesterday's Bears team was terrible. They won't win another game playing like that. I still feel like Trestman runs the risk of losing this team in a hurry if things don't go well. The defense is kind of a mess, ranking bottom half in yards and points allowed. The bend but don't break philosophy that depends heavily on turnovers can be exploited by competent offense. The offense needs to get its stuff together in a hurry because they are going to have to start carrying this franchise more and more until a new surge of talent arrives on the other side of the ball. If they do win this game, which Vegas doesn't seem to expect (Chicago -1), they get a couple of teams that have been playing like yesterday's Bears team all season long, and a chance at 7-1.
  6. If this was trying I'm very scared. Only an idiot would think they actually tried to field winning teams the past two years.
  7. Given the lack of an actual dual mandate, and the fact that most other teams actually try to be good at the major league level, I really don't think it is that impressive. A fair amount of the big names were already here, most notably Vogelbach and Baez. The most refined blue chipper they have is only here because they were allowed to take a dive in 2012. They have thrown much more money at the farm than other teams in recent years and have been the most active in terms of trading veterans for prospects. I really don't think that making a farm system climb the rankings while focusing exclusively on the farm and abandoning the major league team is all that difficult. then why doesn't every team with a 105 million dollar payroll or worse have a great farm system? saying they "abandoned" the major league team is ridiculous. they spent a lot of money last offseason. Most of them try to make the team better. If we are going to pretend they "tried" the last two years, they have to get knocked for failing miserably. They didn't try. They didn't have to. That's a pretty cushy position to be in for management groups of professional sports teams.
  8. Given the lack of an actual dual mandate, and the fact that most other teams actually try to be good at the major league level, I really don't think it is that impressive. A fair amount of the big names were already here, most notably Vogelbach and Baez. The most refined blue chipper they have is only here because they were allowed to take a dive in 2012. They have thrown much more money at the farm than other teams in recent years and have been the most active in terms of trading veterans for prospects. I really don't think that making a farm system climb the rankings while focusing exclusively on the farm and abandoning the major league team is all that difficult. We just disagree on this; I don't see it as nothing. It's not nothing, but it's like focusing on only half of your job. Of course you would do better at it. It's becoming more and more clear that it's largely been a matter of necessity given the Ricketts' financial liabilities. The fact that it was a necessity does not make it any more impressive. They were given an opportunity that virtually no other big market management group has been given in recent years, don't worry, at all, about the major league team, just focus on making the farm system better. I also don't think it was "nothing", just not that impressive. If they made the farm appreciably better while also fielding a competent major league team, that would be impressive under these conditions.
  9. Given the lack of an actual dual mandate, and the fact that most other teams actually try to be good at the major league level, I really don't think it is that impressive. A fair amount of the big names were already here, most notably Vogelbach and Baez. The most refined blue chipper they have is only here because they were allowed to take a dive in 2012. They have thrown much more money at the farm than other teams in recent years and have been the most active in terms of trading veterans for prospects. I really don't think that making a farm system climb the rankings while focusing exclusively on the farm and abandoning the major league team is all that difficult.
  10. And I was suggesting there really wasn't anything inappropriate going on.
  11. I don't hate him but it was a dumb thing to do. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. It will happen again, it is inevitable.
  12. Word is the Hudson County District Attorney is open to trade talks.
  13. Do you mean because every single parent that has held a beer bottle and a baby at the same time has inevitably allowed the baby's lips to touch the beer bottle and every single major leaguer has taken a floozy to his hotel room? Because I don't think it's fair to say every major leaguer has taken a floozy to his hotel room.
  14. Hanley Ramirez, because holy [expletive] has anyone seen what Hanley Ramirez has done this year? I did not. Nice season.
  15. I am also not sure Rizzo will be a 1000 OPS player.
  16. True to a point, but Urlacher was the signal-caller on defense, with very complicated and nuanced responsibilities. I think you are overblowing the duties of the MLB.
  17. There is also no question that Melton is not Tommie Harris.
  18. They were a staple of the Jauron defense, and I did not like it. They seem like a good idea, but they don't play in this defense.
  19. Not insulted as much as somewhat flabbergasted. So that did happen, right?
  20. Why so you say LB? Granted Anderson and Williams are one year deals, but we're deeper than we've been in years, including with youth. Definitely agree on DL and CB though. You can always use LB bodies though. Special teams takes up a few and given the body type that Emery covets, big fast freaks, LB is easy to take. Also, Briggs is 33 this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on the Bears next season, and would be surprised if he is on the Bears in 2015. They may be deep today, but that depth is easily eroded.
  21. The odds of that happening are very low. He's going to get a big offer. He's finally settling in with a competent offensive coach after first dealing with McDaniels then all the Bears rejects. The Bears have the franchise tag. It's just not a huge risk.
  22. Last offseason. I think Emery is more than willing to let this season play out and then pay Jay accordingly. If he wins the Super Bowl, he gets a Flacco deal. If he comes up short, he gets something less.
  23. What a fracking douche. I'll take the misunderstood serial killer leading our team every time over that nutjob.
  24. Did you see how pissed he was when he won yesterday?
×
×
  • Create New...