Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Yes. I think so as well. Guys are skating around, trying to put the puck in the net while the opposition is trying to prevent that and move it in the other direction. I think I'd like to see them throw on another minute or so of OT as well.
  2. It certainly needs work. However, it is young and talented enough to improve, mostly from Castro, Rizzo and Shark. One of these things, is not like the other... And that thing is Samardzija. He is not young, not really close. He turns 29 this offseason. He may not have a ton of mileage on his arm, but I don't think you can count on much improvement going forward.
  3. Alright, calm down. It is a Chicago beer brand. It's readily available throughout NY and NJ and for that I am thankful, because it is good and I enjoy it.
  4. HUH????? Yuengling is a PA beer adored by ignorant PA residents and expats but it is terrible.
  5. Apparently Cutler is left-handed now. Egads that's a terrible commercial. The Patriots have Patton Oswalt and some little league player rushing the passer.
  6. I think they will try to trade a lot of cap space.
  7. I expect him to not be a Bear for very long for a variety of reasons. If we can wind up with 4 seasons of him I'll chalk it up as a win.
  8. Perfect time to replace it with a 15 or 6. Jay's not going anywhere, but for some reason I'm scared to buy his jersey until he is re-signed. My Briggs jersey has lasted me a solid 5 years and I hope it will last at least a couple more before I have to get a new one. 15 is the one I don't expect to see around for very long.
  9. i suppose i'm in the same boat as TT (above). if they're spending like $100-105m and continuing to pour money into the draft, international free agency, upgrading wrigley and other facilities, etc, i'm okay with that. but they aren't really "pouring" money into the draft and intl free agency. It may be more than most other teams are currently spending under the new system, but it isn't a huge amount that makes up for a middling payroll. Upgrading Wrigley is a completely different topic.
  10. That's probably unnecessary.
  11. They very well may wind up stinking, but I think they remain a threat. Big Ben is a tough out and playing at PIT during primetime won't be easy.
  12. I guess that means you assume Pittsburgh, Baltimore and NYG are worse than expected. You may have to consider New Orleans better than originally thought, if they have a defense and can get the offense rolling again. Also, Philly may be more of a threat than some assumed. I just think don't think that week 1 really told us much of anything we didn't already know or assume. And the only two teams with truly bad QBs on the list are Minnesota and Cleveland. Every other team offers a potential threat on offense. They only face what looks to be one truly awful team, in Cleveland. Other teams get a couple of those jabronis.
  13. They also have Crawford, and would still have Crawford with or without this contract.
  14. Wish they weren't in DC on July 4. That's a road trip I can take but not on holidays.
  15. Not a fan of that. Although the 2-game series are inevitable with the new set-up.
  16. I thought it wasn't too long ago where there were numbers showing Cutler did very well against blitzes. Maybe it was more sell-out blitzes rather than just 5 guys.
  17. The Cubs spending spree did not get them in trouble.
  18. Plus the Redskins turned the ball over what 3 times in 7 plays to start the game? Vick took some big hits. Yeah. I'm not surprised they are running with this story, it's just that the Eagles aren't doing anything revolutionary like is being said. They didn't get off more plays in either volume or efficiency. That doesn't really matter though, since ESPN runs with the story it created far in advance, regardless of results.
  19. You guys are so obsessed with picking nits on winning teams that you are perfectly happy to accept the garbage the Cubs have purposefully put on the field.
  20. God forbid a pro sports team tries to win today. That's not true at all. Lots of people were making fun of the Dodgers for spending and not being good this year.
  21. It's the entire experience, not just stadium. The tailgate options have been ruined for lots of people. At the outset, it cost $2B to make a bloated copy of the old stadium. The stadium is ginormous and seats are much more expensive, and worse. There is a giant section at midfield for all the executive types, and it's always empty. From outside it looks like a window shutter warehouse. There's nothing new or interesting about it, just more expensive.
×
×
  • Create New...